Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP pavilion x360 i3 Skylake 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops sorry, bits of laptop all over the kitchen table.. the config p.list i a trying to instsall el capitan on a similar hp x360 i3 but cant get past error 255. ( i need to change my user name on this forum too if possible but thats another matter)

oops sorry, bits of laptop all over the kitchen table.. the config p.list i a trying to instsall el capitan on a similar hp x360 i3 but cant get past error 255. ( i need to change my user name on this forum too if possible but thats another matter)

I think you need to read post #1 and follow it carefully.

thanks for the reply, I have been trying my best, things seemed simpler when i last did this 4 years ago on a eeepc, I read tha the default confilg.plist in clover usually doesnt work so i downloaded the intel 520 530 540 config.plist but that seems worse than the default config.plist on my setup. so i am a bit stuck

thanks for the reply, I have been trying my best, things seemed simpler when i last did this 4 years ago on a eeepc, I read tha the default confilg.plist in clover usually doesnt work so i downloaded the intel 520 530 540 config.plist but that seems worse than the default config.plist on my setup. so i am a bit stuck

You need to start by following the guide as written...
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide, so it is quite obvious you didn't read it. So start there...

If you have an issue booting the installer...
Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

thanks I am jumping the gun it seems, i'll sort the basics out,

I guess i was just asking the original poster which config.plist they used as we seem to have the same or very similar systems,

cheers

You need to start by following the guide as written...
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide, so it is quite obvious you didn't read it. So start there...

If you have an issue booting the installer...
Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
hopefully i have done this correct. perhaps if the OP uploaded their clover file I could use that as a basis. or does it not work like that. please forgive my naivity thanks.. Josh

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_9037.JPG
    IMG_9037.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 137
hopefully i have done this correct. perhaps if the OP uploaded their clover file I could use that as a basis. or does it not work like that. please forgive my naivity thanks.. Josh

Your EFI/Clover is wrong. You have no config.plist. Clover will not read config_HD520_530_540.plist. As per guide, must rename to config.plist.
Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
Clover/kexts is not per guide.

Your profile is not filled out correctly. Please read the request in the guide/FAQ carefully.
Missing:
- laptop make
- laptop model
- bootloader information (Clover UEFI)
- screen resolution
- actual CPU identifier (google shows no such thing as i3-6200)
- chipset (100-series)

ok thanks i did rename to config.plist, with no joy, the kexts i moved to 'other' folder is it helped others apparently, i will recheck, the drivers64uefi, Which guide are you reffering to> i have read so many guides i am lost in guides.

re profile, hopefully there is more info, i will add more when i get back into the machine,, thanks for the help,, Josh

ok thanks i did rename to config.plist, with no joy, the kexts i moved to 'other' folder is it helped others apparently, i will recheck, the drivers64uefi, Which guide are you reffering to> i have read so many guides i am lost in guides.

re profile, hopefully there is more info, i will add more when i get back into the machine,, thanks for the help,, Josh

My Clover guide is linked from post #1.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You will need to learn to read carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back