Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post patchmatic output for verification.

And... before we go too far down this path, make sure you have the latest BIOS installed from HP.

Reports of this problem are not widespread, so I wonder if it has something to do with BIOS version or specific BIOS options you chose.

I updated the bios and it worked which is strange. It worked fine in Windows and the bios I was on was pretty recent but there was a new bios just released this month. I don't pick up the 5ghz network though.

I updated the bios and it worked which is strange. It worked fine in Windows and the bios I was on was pretty recent but there was a new bios just released this month. I don't pick up the 5ghz network though.

Rebuild cache as mentioned in post #1 "Known Problems" "Audio", and 5ghz will activate (problem is kext is not in the kernel cache).

Rebuild cache as mentioned in post #1 "Known Problems" "Audio", and 5ghz will activate (problem is kext is not in the kernel cache).

Everything is good now. Thanks.

Yes all good now, was installing to the wrong partition.
Installed, and followed your guide fully all the way to completion, (just completed copying SMBIOS to config.plist).
Only problem when I try to boot, in verbose mode, I get an error saying 'Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051'. The boot hangs, and then goes back to Clover to boot again into a boot cycle.

Yes all good now, was installing to the wrong partition.
Installed, and followed your guide fully all the way to completion, (just completed copying SMBIOS to config.plist).
Only problem when I try to boot, in verbose mode, I get an error saying 'Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051'. The boot hangs, and then goes back to Clover to boot again into a boot cycle.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

I see strange things... Why is your codec id 10ec0290 (from ioreg)? (should be IDT, not Realtek).

Post audio codec dump from Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back