Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone have the problem of high pitch noise?
today i switched SDD from my old HDD
then i boot my device up after re-install hackintosh
a very loud high pitch noise appear,not gonna go away
do u guys know how to fix this?
not gonna happen when booting on HDD
(just found out the problem is come from the internal speaker, i tried to remove those sound kext, no high pitch noise coming out anymore, but is there a way to fix this properly?)

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

got this:
"
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
"
When I ran install_downloads.sh, should I do a problem report or is it Sierra specific? Also I do not have boot without caches option with latest Clover.

Last edited:
got this:
"
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
"

Normal.

Hello again

Used this guide months ago worked well.
Update my HDD to a SSD and reinstalled using this guide
Nothing worked.
Copied over my old EFI now everything works but no USB ports work
re followed the guide even went back and made a new boot USB
Same result
tried updating to 10.11.6
Same
wiped and tried again
same
only way I can get most of it to work is to copy over my old EFI but the the usb ports drop out

I have followed the problem reporting section and compressed the whole lot into one zip

I have obviously missed something I just can't find what read the guide top to bottom and I don't think I missed anything

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 77
Hello again

Used this guide months ago worked well.
Update my HDD to a SSD and reinstalled using this guide
Nothing worked.
Copied over my old EFI now everything works but no USB ports work
re followed the guide even went back and made a new boot USB
Same result
tried updating to 10.11.6
Same
wiped and tried again
same
only way I can get most of it to work is to copy over my old EFI but the the usb ports drop out

I have followed the problem reporting section and compressed the whole lot into one zip

I have obviously missed something I just can't find what read the guide top to bottom and I don't think I missed anything

Thanks in advance for any help

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Done as requested, the result will be much smaller than 22.8MB.

Also, your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide. As a result, no idea which Envy you have. Please fix before replying.

Note: My guess is that you have the wrong version of Clover.

Last edited:
RehabMan: great work, as always.

is the reason you place the needed kexts in L/E rather than S/L/E is so that they are immune from updates?

if so, i assume there are no precautions to take when installing future Sierra updates.

thanks!!!

as post #1 says, HDMI hotplug works. however, when i unplugged HDMI, the laptop screen became garbled, in the way that it is garbled when first running the sierra installer. my fix is to close and open the lid. it does not have to trigger system sleep, just display sleep. not a big deal since i will seldom use HDMI output.

also--until there is a straightforward fix to the blank preferences pane problem, my workaround is to pair an apple magic trackpad, open the trackpad preferences pane, make the adjustments i want (the only thing i want to add is tap to click), then un-pair and remove the magic trackpad. the preference change persists through restarts and cold starts.

is the reason you place the needed kexts in L/E rather than S/L/E is so that they are immune from updates?

No. Both locations will not be bothered by updates. /L/E is my preference as it is recommended by Apple.

if so, i assume there are no precautions to take when installing future Sierra updates.

Not possible to predict the future.

also--until there is a straightforward fix to the blank preferences pane problem, my workaround is to pair an apple magic trackpad, open the trackpad preferences pane, make the adjustments i want (the only thing i want to add is tap to click), then un-pair and remove the magic trackpad. the preference change persists through restarts and cold starts.

Eventually, I'll have some time to cherry-pick from usr-sse2's fork of my code...

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Done as requested, the result will be much smaller than 22.8MB.

Also, your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide. As a result, no idea which Envy you have. Please fix before replying.

Note: My guess is that you have the wrong version of Clover.

Did a fresh reinstall of everything and its working now about to update to 10.11.6 and see how it does

I think I may have pulled the wrong Github project as I have a K series I think I used the J series :/

I also worked out what was wrong with my Problem Reporting zip.
there was an "APPLE" folder in my EFI that was like 20MB... is that important?

Did a fresh reinstall of everything and its working now about to update to 10.11.6 and see how it does

I think I may have pulled the wrong Github project as I have a K series I think I used the J series :/

Must use the correct repo...

I also worked out what was wrong with my Problem Reporting zip.
there was an "APPLE" folder in my EFI that was like 20MB... is that important?

Only EFI/Clover is requested, not EFI. Read it carefully.

Must use the correct repo...

Only EFI/Clover is requested, not EFI. Read it carefully.

I see,
Sorry about that!
Now that I have installed it properly everything works and I have been loading it with all my programs
But
I have just noticed it doesn't wake from sleep
I have tried installing Amphetamine to keep it awake but it caused it to crash when every it tried to sleep (closing the lid is the only time I let it sleep because I use it for live backing tracks for my band so while it's open I don't ever want it to sleep)

I tried the "caffeinate" command in terminal and that didn't help
also re-ran the "sleepimage" command from the guide but nothing

This isn't a massive issue because having a SSD now makes booting a 10 sec deal
but if there is a fix it would be nice

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back