Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you're right I didn't follow your guide correctly, now it's ok.
I have one question: you think by using this kext can I get the GT740M video card to work?
These are the card's ID vendor , device and Device ID.

GK208M 1292 10de

Attachments

• IONDRVSupport.kext.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 70
So after installing Sierra (sorry, there's no HP Envy topic in the Sierra laptop forum, so I've posted here) I managed to fix WiFi but a few issues still remain.

Obviously I'd love to get the function keys working, but this seems to be a problem universal to all hackintosh PCs on Sierra and not unique to this device. I'm not sure when or if it will ever get fixed (hopefully so!)

I have an Apple LED Cinema Display which I always use with my Envy. It has a resolution of 2560x1440 and works great in El Capitan. In Sierra however, the max resolution shown is 1280x720. It looks abysmal. HDMI Audio also doesn't seem to work, but that doesn't really matter since the Cinema Display has a USB cable for audio anyway, which works fine. I've tried using the Option + Scaled button, but that just brings up an alternate resolution of 800x600 (great!)

Second, I haven't managed to get internal audio (microphone and two speakers) working with AppleALC. I've gotten it working on Sierra before, but I can't seem to find how I got it working. Perhaps it was a forked version of AppleALC or perhaps an update to 10.12 broke it.

The external monitor resolution is obviously my highest priority at the moment since it looks worse than the built in laptop display. If I can't get it working, I'll be switching back to 10.11. Any ideas Rehab?

So after installing Sierra (sorry, there's no HP Envy topic in the Sierra laptop forum, so I've posted here) I managed to fix WiFi but a few issues still remain.

Obviously I'd love to get the function keys working, but this seems to be a problem universal to all hackintosh PCs on Sierra and not unique to this device. I'm not sure when or if it will ever get fixed (hopefully so!)

I have an Apple LED Cinema Display which I always use with my Envy. It has a resolution of 2560x1440 and works great in El Capitan. In Sierra however, the max resolution shown is 1280x720. It looks abysmal. HDMI Audio also doesn't seem to work, but that doesn't really matter since the Cinema Display has a USB cable for audio anyway, which works fine. I've tried using the Option + Scaled button, but that just brings up an alternate resolution of 800x600 (great!)

Second, I haven't managed to get internal audio (microphone and two speakers) working with AppleALC. I've gotten it working on Sierra before, but I can't seem to find how I got it working. Perhaps it was a forked version of AppleALC or perhaps an update to 10.12 broke it.

The external monitor resolution is obviously my highest priority at the moment since it looks worse than the built in laptop display. If I can't get it working, I'll be switching back to 10.11. Any ideas Rehab?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Here's everything attached. I'll also edit this post to attach the clover files.

Edit: Just noticed another issue - my Apple wired keyboard is connected to the USB ports on the Cinema Display, which should work when the display's own USB cable is connected to the laptop. However, while the USB audio works fine on bootup, the keyboard doesn't until its cable is removed and plugged in again (to the back of the display). This didn't occur on 10.11.

At this rate there are more issues than I expected, so I think I might be reverting. But I hope the logs and dumped files help troubleshoot these issues.

Edit 2: Wow, for some reason the native resolution of the external display and HDMI audio suddenly started working again. Guess I'll keep this after all. So the only things that don't work right now are onboard audio and that minor USB issue.

Last edited:
Here's everything attached. I'll also edit this post to attach the clover files.

Edit: Just noticed another issue - my Apple wired keyboard is connected to the USB ports on the Cinema Display, which should work when the display's own USB cable is connected to the laptop. However, while the USB audio works fine on bootup, the keyboard doesn't until its cable is removed and plugged in again (to the back of the display). This didn't occur on 10.11.

At this rate there are more issues than I expected, so I think I might be reverting. But I hope the logs and dumped files help troubleshoot these issues.

Edit 2: Wow, for some reason the native resolution of the external display and HDMI audio suddenly started working again. Guess I'll keep this after all. So the only things that don't work right now are onboard audio and that minor USB issue.

Care to share how u installed Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back