Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
Please help me my audio didn't work

Audio in system report :
Audio haute définition Intel :

Identifiant audio : 12

HDMI / Sortie DisplayPort :

Connexion : Affichage

and

kextstat|grep -y applehda
80 0 0xffffff7f82039000 0x1a000 0x1a000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (2.6.0f1) 75C89447-A390-3C8C-9189-3074B972B3FD <79 65 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

What should i do Please ??

Your config.plist is wrong. It appears it was edited with Clover Configurator.
Clover/kexts is wrong.

Also:
- this guide uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Follow the guide in post #1. Carefully.

In the case of problems, provide all data requested in post #1 "Problem Reporting".

Hi!

Have a HP Envy 15-j55eo

Having problems with battery draining when it is powered of. Is there a fix u think?

What do you mean by "powered of"? If you mean sleep mode, power drain is expected (RAM is still powered).

[Guide] HP Envy Haswel, l series J/K/Q using Clover UEFI (10.11)

What do you mean by "powered of"? If you mean sleep mode, power drain is expected (RAM is still powered).

I mean, when I "Shut Down..." and put the laptop away for some time it is drained of battery power. I need to plug it in to start up.
"Some time", lets say 48h to empty. It is anyways noticeable in short time aswell.

Right now I have 100% and plugged to the socket, when I get home in 30-40 min the battery percentage will be dropped. Maybe 85%.

If i take the battery off the laptop, no major drain...

I mean, when I "Shut Down..." and put the laptop away for some time it is drained of battery power. I need to plug it in to start up.
"Some time", lets say 48h to empty. It is anyways noticeable in short time aswell.

Right now I have 100% and plugged to the socket, when I get home in 30-40 min the battery percentage will be dropped. Maybe 85%.

If i take the battery off the laptop, no major drain...

Do restart, then press the power button to shutdown. Compare result with normal shutdown.

Also, test Windows shutdown... compare.

Do restart, then press the power button to shutdown. Compare result with normal shutdown.

Also, test Windows shutdown... compare.

Been running windows 10 before I found your excellent guide! But without power drainage.
By pressing the power button you mean press and hold until shutdown? Or just to get to the prompt and then choosing to shut down?!

Actually I left the laptop unplugged over night, today I'm at 98%!!! Very strange since I have not updated anything since I did a clean install maybe 2 weeks ago. And Im on latest BIOS. :crazy:

Im gonna keep my I on the battery and let u know if I start experience this again...

Been running windows 10 before I found your excellent guide! But without power drainage.

Check now. May be new hardware flaw/BIOS problem.

By pressing the power button you mean press and hold until shutdown?

If you use Apple->Restart, allow it to start the reboot, but during BIOS post press the power button, the computer will power off.

Actually I left the laptop unplugged over night, today I'm at 98%!!! Very strange since I have not updated anything since I did a clean install maybe 2 weeks ago. And Im on latest BIOS. :crazy:

Im gonna keep my I on the battery and let u know if I start experience this again...

Could have been a fluke... or an intermittent problem shutting down, resulting in a lockup.

hey dont know if you can help on this but would you know how to get parallels desktop working on this laptop as it uses a single HDD rather then two seperate HDD's

Never tried it but it should work. Parallels does not require multiple HDDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two quick questons (maybe you guys find these dumb but I'm quite new):
1)Is there a way to tweak the trackpad motion delay? In comparison to windows, sometimes it's hard to hit a precise double click because the pointer just doesn't stay in position. In windows, an option is available to introduce a slight delay before a touch triggers a pointer motion.
2)Is there a way to scale the ui to a higher dpi without reducing the screen resolution, as you have on a real macbook?

Two quick questons (maybe you guys find these dumb but I'm quite new):
1)Is there a way to tweak the trackpad motion delay? In comparison to windows, sometimes it's hard to hit a precise double click because the pointer just doesn't stay in position. In windows, an option is available to introduce a slight delay before a touch triggers a pointer motion.

Not implemented in my driver, but planned for the future.

2)Is there a way to scale the ui to a higher dpi without reducing the screen resolution, as you have on a real macbook?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/133254-adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.html

Read the entire thread as the locations of the overrides have changed in 10.11...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back