Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
idt92hd91bxxinject.kext is an AppleHDA injector. So... still using AppleHDA.

Attached is my config.plist and the launch deamon/com.nicoswd.carillon.plisl

When rebooting after installing carillon, i booted without caches and the chime played,
Rebuilt the cache with sudo command and rebooted twice- no chime

I've installed the idt92hd91bxxinject.kext to library/extensions..

Shud i install it to s/l/e as well???

Thank you for you're promo replies as always

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Attached is my config.plist and the launch deamon/com.nicoswd.carillon.plist

Thank you for you're promo replies as always

The config.plist is not from this guide. But nothing wrong with the AppleHDA related entries.

No experience/interest in boot chime... it is not possible to make it happen at the correct time. Doing it at the correct time requires it to be implemented in Clover itself.

The config.plist is not from this guide. But nothing wrong with the AppleHDA related entries.

No experience/interest in boot chime... it is not possible to make it happen at the correct time. Doing it at the correct time requires it to be implemented in Clover itself.

yes using this congif.plist cz iMessage/facetime works ..

i hope there aren't any major errors in comparison the to one form the guide ??

You can make iMessage/Facetime work by augmenting the plist from the guide (MLB/ROM).

I didn't do a complete comparison.

is this the config.plist from the guide.

Attachments

• config-.plist
    14.3 KB · Views: 207
is this the config.plist from the guide.

Hard to know how similar it is. It has been edited and re-arranged significantly.

The guide config.plist is available from github.

layout-id is injected from config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary (two places).
Odd... I've got nothing there, yet audio works fine (not using these newer AppleHDA injectors). The base of my config.plist was from your insanelymac thread. I've uploaded it to this post (but took out the smbios and rtvariables sections, since the file is public)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 230
Odd... I've got nothing there, yet audio works fine (not using these newer AppleHDA injectors). The base of my config.plist was from your insanelymac thread. I've uploaded it to this post (but took out the smbios and rtvariables sections, since the file is public)

Your config.plist is not per-guide.

Your config.plist is not per-guide.
Would it be worth the effort transitioning over to this one? I started off with the config.plist in the guide and couldn't get neither graphics nor audio working. Tried the 10.11 files from the IM thread and both worked perfectly. Headphone audio switching works 90% of the time too.
Only main problem I have is that color calibration doesn't seem to work - I have it the gamma at 0.8 in W10 since the display is quite washed out and it has a minimal effect in OS X. (and in OS X you have to turn the gamma up, instead of down like in Windows)

Would it be worth the effort transitioning over to this one? I started off with the config.plist in the guide and couldn't get neither graphics nor audio working. Tried the 10.11 files from the IM thread and both worked perfectly. Headphone audio switching works 90% of the time too.
Only main problem I have is that color calibration doesn't seem to work - I have it the gamma at 0.8 in W10 since the display is quite washed out and it has a minimal effect in OS X. (and in OS X you have to turn the gamma up, instead of down like in Windows)

Follow the guide as written. You cannot use only part of the files from the guide. You need the config.plist and ACPI setup ... as they are interdependent and work together.

If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back