Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

I don’t know why. I was told to use it a couple years ago when I was setting up Catalina and it worked. I thought of it yesterday and tried it but because the platform ID wasn’t defined in the device properties, it didn’t work. I copied your device properties and included the bootarg and Catalina booted up full acceleration. I installed big sur and used the same boot stick and it booted up full acceleration. I posted this for you earlier with a picture of the about my Mac but I can only imagine my name dropping got the post deleted. I want you to try it with Monterey. I had already fixed the acceleration by the time you made post 146, but my post to you about it was already gone. And yes I only have Hd4000. Nothing else
Thanks Jarmster71.
I am now on Monterey 12.0.1. with almost everything work well, just some small glitch in menu bar and webcam black screen.

Great news. Webcam is part of usb. Catalina required usb mapping for cam to function properly if I remember correctly. My cam isn’t working at the moment. I need to check the connection. Never used it and I think I forgot to plug it back in after cpu and heat sink upgrade last year. Need to remove the bottom bezel to check.

Great news. Webcam is part of usb. Catalina required usb mapping for cam to function properly if I remember correctly. My cam isn’t working at the moment. I need to check the connection. Never used it and I think I forgot to plug it back in after cpu and heat sink upgrade last year. Need to remove the bottom bezel to check.
Yeah. I try USB mapping already and no effect to webcam, still black screen. You can try by yourself. I am on dual boot Monterey with Windows and webcam work perfect on Windows 11.

You got windows 11 to install on that hardware? Lol it won’t even install on my main Pc. Lol nice

My cam won’t work on any OS anymore so I figured it’s the connection

You got windows 11 to install on that hardware? Lol it won’t even install on my main Pc. Lol nice

My cam won’t work on any OS anymore so I figured it’s the connection
Yeah. Perfect, except for fingerprint. It is ok on windows 10 but didn't work in windows 11. I think it related to driver but no time to fixed.

You are welcome, Congratulations!
Regarding webcam, if you are lucky you can have it. With my Laptop, webcam was patched in DSDT but I didn't see Serial Number in System report. I was refer to Rehabman post before and he tell that no way to get webcam work if you don't have Serial Number. You must buy external webcam.
p/s: I guess you can change your signature now (Clover > OC), right?
View attachment 535318

Done

One question, the 702 efi could be update to 073,074,075? With new versión of kext or i have to pay atention to a kext or driver in special to do that

Thanks

Edit

i have problem with ext4_x64.efi and btrfs_x64.efi files
If i use them i have black screen if not all ok in 073 and 074 and 075 at charging Opencore

New edit

Now all is ok scanpolicy solved the isue

Thanks

Last edited:
Done

One question, the 702 efi could be update to 073,074,075? With new versión of kext or i have to pay atention to a kext or driver in special to do that

Thanks

Edit

i have problem with ext4_x64.efi and btrfs_x64.efi files
If i use them i have black screen if not all ok in 073 and 074 and 075 at charging Opencore

New edit

Now all is ok scanpolicy solved the isue

Thanks
Keep in mind that always update with newest OC and kext following Dortania guide. Using Propertree for config.plist modify, don't use OC configurator because sometime you may got trouble.

Thienluong89…I see your ACPI ssdt’s were generated with Chris tool and the others ,following the guide. Which method did you use following the guide and do you have a complete patched dsdt?
are you getting any ACPI errors on boot. I was getting lots with your ssdt’s and chris’ aswell. I have a fully patched dsdt for my laptop. I found out you can apply a fully patched dsdt in opencores ACPI folder like clover. Lol it doesn’t mention that in the opencore guide and I just realized it. I managed to eliminate all the ACPI errors on boot and my battery icon work again. I’ve managed to get BigSur running pretty good now.

Last edited:
Thienluong89…I see your ACPI ssdt’s were generated with Chris tool and the others ,following the guide. Which method did you use following the guide and do you have a complete patched dsdt?
are you getting any ACPI errors on boot. I was getting lots with your ssdt’s and chris’ aswell. I have a fully patched dsdt for my laptop. I found out you can apply a fully patched dsdt in opencores ACPI folder like clover. Lol it doesn’t mention that in the opencore guide and I just realized it. I managed to eliminate all the ACPI errors on boot and my battery icon work again. I’ve managed to get BigSur running pretty good now.
I have shared 2 EFI folder as post #62. I don't know which one you are mention. With current OS (Monterey) I am using Chris's tool. The tool will do full DSDT patch for you, but as I said before, you don't have CPU boost frequency, so you need create SSDT-PM by yourself.
I don't see any ACPI error during boot.
Yeah, of course you can bring all ACPI already patched from clover to OC. It is nothing different between them.
Anyway, If you can make your camera work, please share with me.

Chris’ tool didn’t work very well for me and I’m not sure why but it doesn’t really matter I guess. I actually have that ssdt already. I generated it back when I was setting up Catalina. It was still in my clover efi. I moved it and my dsdt to the OC ACPI folder and all my problems disappeared. I’ll look into the camera this weekend. I want to try and update past 11.2.3. I’ve made the proper usb map and disabled XhciPortLimit in OC and we’re good so far so we’ll see how that goes.

Back