Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering buying the elite x2 but would prefer to buy the g2 rather than the g1... Would this guide apply to that tablet as well? If not, do you have an eta for a guide for the g2?

I'm considering buying the elite x2 but would prefer to buy the g2 rather than the g1... Would this guide apply to that tablet as well? If not, do you have an eta for a guide for the g2?

It applies only in the most general sense, the specifics like the volume keys and battery patching are different. I have the G2 hot patched so there won’t be much of a guide per se but I’ll provide a copy of clover folder with some instructions. Just so you are aware, the cameras do not and will not work on the G2. Other caveats are no power management with the NVMe drive so it’s best to replace it with a SATA based one (it will save around 1 watt of continuous drain) and while the SD card reader can be made to work, it also has power management issues to the tune of around .75 watts of continuous power drain. Otherwise it runs pretty well. Hope that helps.

Cool! The G2 is on the way in the mail now. Looking forward to seeing the instructions and folder! Thanks

The G2 Arrived today. I've been messing with it for a few hours but haven't been able to get it to boot from the usb. Any update on those instructions?

The G2 Arrived today. I've been messing with it for a few hours but haven't been able to get it to boot from the usb. Any update on those instructions?
Which version of OS X are you attempting to install?

I would prefer El Capitan because I figure it will be more stable and easier, but my Mac won't let me download it saying it's too new. So I'm going with Sierra.

I would prefer El Capitan because I figure it will be more stable and easier, but my Mac won't let me download it saying it's too new. So I'm going with Sierra.

Ok, I'm currently traveling so I'm not in a position to do a big write up at the moment. You're wrong about El Cap being more stable, this is a KabyLake device and using MacBookPro14,1 on High Sierra provides the best OS X experience. I'm adding a Clover folder with just the basics. You'll need to make sure you've installed the latest Clover. For drivers on the USB installer just select OsxAptioFix (make sure to add HFSPlus.efi as well, when you install clover to your SSD, select OsxAptioFix and EmuVariable (as well as the scripts). Some caveats -- the config.plist will only work for 10.12.6 (this is when native KBL support started). If you're attempting to install an earlier version of Sierra, then you'll have to add the necessary items to spoof SkyLake. Also, the config.plist doesn't take into account an NVMe drive, you'll need to add the patches if you're still using the stock NVMe. You'll have to completely wipe your drive if you want to install Sierra+ since it needs to be the first partition, but you can reinstall Windows after. You'll also need to add a serial number etc to the config.plist as I have removed the ones I use (duh)...The touchscreen may or may not work during the installation, if you get kernel panics during the install, then move VoodooI2C out of the kext folder and move them back after you've installed. The SSDT-UIAC reflects my USB situation, yours may differ so you'll have to address that (I leave the GPS / WWAN module disabled in the bios).

That's about all I can think of offhand. Good luck!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back