Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you need to hold down Command and Option, which on the Elite will be the Windows key and the Alt key. Hold them both, open system preferences, then click Displays.

Yeah about that, idk why it would just black screen me sometimes until I plug an external display (or active VGA adapter) then unplug to get display output, and it's not in HiDPI mode, which irritated me. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

If you've got a 1012 G1 x2 on the latest BIOS (1.44 as of writing) and you're not getting multitouch gestures, the most likely cause is that the touchpad device address was changed in a firmware update.

Although I take zero responsibility for anything that happens as a result of using these kexts, they were both built from here to get my own G1 to work properly, and they should work for you as well.

Again, following the initial post in the thread, you should use the latest VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID from here and install them all into /Library/Extensions.

Then, jump into a Terminal and:
Bash:
cd /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel ./*.kext # Set appropriate ownership
sudo chmod 755 ./*.kext           # Set appropriate permissions
sudo xattr -c ./*.kext            # Remove extended attributes

Then reboot, and it should be working for you.

Edit: I'm getting KP related to VoodooI2C on Mojave on reboots, going to revert.

Attachments

• AlpsT4USB-Catalina.kext.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 63
  • AlpsT4USB-Mojave.kext.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The new device ID has been tested and added to the repo. When I get a chance I'll add a release build with it incorporated.

I've updated to 10.15.4 and got problem with bootloop. With Graphic injector (platform-id 12345678) it boots but video is too weak to work. What the platform-id should be for G2 (intel 620)?

Last edited:
After BIOS update to actual 1.32 platform-id 12345678 59160000 19160000 not working :(((((

Clover is broken for 10.15.4, you should've have updated. The issue was seen back in 10.15.4 beta 6.

Strange, but I can't reinstall Catalina 10.15.2 also - bootloop. Is that problem with BIOS update?

Again, clover is broken, downgrade it and macOS.

And which Clover is not broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back