Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk tbh i don't use clover anymore, try 5103?

First of all, thank you for your informative write-up and all the hard work you've put in.

My G2 (Mojave 10.14.6 at the moment) is working almost perfectly, there are only two issues. Forgive me if you've already answered these; I looked through all the pages but I may have missed something.

Issue 1: the brightness adjustment keys don't work. Volume does, just not brightness.
Issue 2: I haven't been able to get it to wake from sleep properly. If it is asleep for more than an hour or so, when i try to resume using it, the trackpad and keyboard don't work, and the computer freezes until I reboot.

Any chance you could help out?

Thanks again.

[Edit: updated to 10.14.6. Still same issue. Also I cannot copy kexts to /L/E because then macOS KP's at next boot]

Last edited:
The problem in BIOS 1.32 - with it you can't boot you MacOS :( I've rolled back to 1.31, then reinstalled 10.15.2 and now it is ok with Clover 5058

Do you guys have some links to working WiFi cards? The Dell Dw1560 is sold out everywhere in Germany.
Thx a lot.

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly: Did anyone get WWAN / LTE running?

Do you guys have some links to working WiFi cards? The Dell Dw1560 is sold out everywhere in Germany.
Thx a lot.

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly: Did anyone get WWAN / LTE running?

I tried 3 different version of the 1820a and couldn't get any of them to work reliably. You might be out of luck. :-/

I just saw BIOS update 01.45 Rev.A. Did somebody try this update? Any improvemnet and difference?

Hello,

I've made HiDPI for 1600x1067x60Hz working!!!!
Screen with HiDPI 1368x912 was only my real problem.
Now the display is ok.
VendorID folder in attach, maybe you can improve it but I'm satisfied with it.
The path for a place this folder on the screenshot.

P.S. In Catalina you can't write to Overrides folder due to system restrictions. You need to boot in recovery and copy folder manually through Terminal by "cp -r ...."

P.P.S. You need to make next script before copying of VendorID folder to Overrides:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Снимок экрана 2020-04-01 в 22.48.38.png

Attachments

• DisplayVendorID-4c83.zip
    696 bytes · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hmmm...weird, that should have already been available under the scaled options.

Attachments

• 1600x1066.jpg
    1600x1066.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 80
No, it is from beginning was like this :(
1.jpg

With some manipulations with SwithResX I have this (but 2736x1824 is not HiDPI):
Снимок экрана 2020-04-02 в 10.31.37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back