Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the i7 3770 support the onboard graphics? Cos I got an i7 3770 CPU and have replaced in in my Elite 8300 SFF, but I get error messages when I boot up saying its a CPU configuration problem. Just trying to figure out if the unit doesn't support onboard graphics with the 3770 or if I have a faulty CPU? Thanks for the help. I know its not Hackintosh related, but its all in getting the unit ready to be hacked :) Thanks in advance for the help

Yes it supports the onboard graphic and it works well but for some reasons I cannot start the installation on the internal ssd without the support of the external usb. There has something to be wrong with my clover I guess but I do not get it ...

Yes it supports the onboard graphic and it works well but for some reasons I cannot start the installation on the internal ssd without the support of the external usb. There has something to be wrong with my clover I guess but I do not get it ...
Thanks for the reply.

Guess it must be the CPU then

Does the i7 3770 support the onboard graphics? Cos I got an i7 3770 CPU and have replaced in in my Elite 8300 SFF, but I get error messages when I boot up saying its a CPU configuration problem. Just trying to figure out if the unit doesn't support onboard graphics with the 3770 or if I have a faulty CPU? Thanks for the help. I know its not Hackintosh related, but its all in getting the unit ready to be hacked :) Thanks in advance for the help
Can you boot into the Bios by hitting the F10 key after you power on the PC ? Did the CPU install go ok and you put the heatsink back on and plugged in the fan ?

Can you boot into the Bios by hitting the F10 key after you power on the PC ? Did the CPU install go ok and you put the heatsink back on and plugged in the fan ?

The machine wouldn't even get to the BIOS. It had the 3 beeps and then one long beep, where when I checked the error messages that says either a CPU misconfiguration or a CPU failure. I put the previous i5 CPU back in and now its fine. So Im guessing its the i7 CPU. Gosh haven't had much luck with getting a good working 8300 unit. This is my second one already. And its giving me blue screen memory dumps on windows and keeps quitting. Gonna send this back and find another one. Holding thumbs I find a better refurbished unit. Unless its something I am doing wrong :)

The machine wouldn't even get to the BIOS. It had the 3 beeps and then one long beep, where when I checked the error messages that says either a CPU misconfiguration or a CPU failure. I put the previous i5 CPU back in and now its fine. So Im guessing its the i7 CPU. Gosh haven't had much luck with getting a good working 8300 unit. This is my second one already. And its giving me blue screen memory dumps on windows and keeps quitting. Gonna send this back and find another one. Holding thumbs I find a better refurbished unit. Unless its something I am doing wrong :)
Did you follow a video guide on how to replace the CPU ? It has to be seated in the socket correctly and the thermal paste applied etc. It's possible you got a bad system. Are you buying from an individual or a certified refurbisher ?

Did you follow a video guide on how to replace the CPU ? It has to be seated in the socket correctly and the thermal paste applied etc. It's possible you got a bad system. Are you buying from an individual or a certified refurbisher ?

Yeah I followed a video guide and made sure I seated it corrected and applied the thermal paste properly.

Its from an individual. I'm sure its a bad system. Its the second machine I got from this individual. The first one I had to send back after 3 days. Stopped even booting into POST.

Yeah Im going to try a certified refurbisher. Their units are slightly more expensive, but least its been thoroughly tested and you get a 12-month warranty. But first I gotta see if can get my money back from this individual selling me dodgy 'refurbished' gear. Holding thumbs!

Yeah Im going to try a certified refurbisher. Their units are slightly more expensive, but least its been thoroughly tested and you get a 12-month warranty.
Good idea. I've ordered many of these from refurbishers with good Ebay ratings and a long seller history. I've never had to return one or had one fail yet. The HP Pro Business line of PCs are built to higher standards than the Pavilion line of consumer desktops.

Motherboards and PSUs are the most likely to fail in any PC, pre-built or not. Those can be replaced quite inexpensively because of the huge supply from resellers. You can buy replacement power supplies and motherboards for the 8300 for 25 dollars or less if you search Ebay.

Last edited:
not sure if I posted in the correct forum earlier - so wanted to post in here just in case. Sorry if this is against the rules!

So I ran into an issue I cannot seem to solve after hours of research online.
I have had my Elite 8300 setup with Sierra for some time now, working smooth like butter. I had the OS installed on my 120gb crucial SSD, and a 500GB HDD for storage.

Today I purchased a 500GB Crucial SSD to try and add it to my setup. Once I plugged in the extra SSD into the available SATA port, I totally lost all boot-able drives available.

I have tried the following:
- unplugging all drives except the SSD with the OS installed
- installing a fresh Sierra install with Unibeast onto the NEW 500gb SSD (once I get to disk utilities I don't see any SSDs)
- if I have all drives plugged in and try and install a fresh Sierra, I am only able to see the HDD and no SSD

Really I am quite stumped now, and a bit worried I will be losing all my data on my original, working SSD.

I have checked to make sure the BIOS is setup correctly with the SATA mode to set to AHCI

If anyone could possibly help me troubleshoot that would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back