Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have to say THANK YOU for making this tutorial, It allowed me to keep working when my old imac died.

However, I have several troubles running Adobe after effects in a HP 8300 MT i5 with 12GB of RAM and the MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB. Which upgrades do you recommend me? Maybe processor or a better GPU?

I didn't mount it thinking in using it to work with after effects. However, I recently had to learn to use it for job purposes. After effects runs slow and usually freezes with the previews and render.

Thank you again

I have several troubles running Adobe after effects in a HP 8300 MT i5 with 12GB of RAM and the MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB. Which upgrades do you recommend me? Maybe processor or a better GPU?
If you are still using a mechanical platter hard drive that could be the bottleneck. If you can install to a Sata SSD that would help. The maximum CPU upgrade is the I7-3770 and best graphics would be a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB version.

If you are still using a mechanical platter hard drive that could be the bottleneck. If you can install to a Sata SSD that would help. The maximum CPU upgrade is the I7-3770 and best graphics would be a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB version.

Forgot to say that I have also a Crucial SSD. So I guess I should choose between upgrading gpu or cpu, I have a little budget. Which upgrade do you think that would be better to make after effects runs fluently?

Thank you!

Forgot to say that I have also a Crucial SSD. So I guess I should choose between upgrading gpu or cpu, I have a little budget. Which upgrade do you think that would be better to make after effects runs fluently?

Thank you!
Have you tried using AE in Windows to see how it performs ? I'm not an AE user so I really don't know how GPU dependent it is. I would try to upgrade the CPU first to an i7-3770, you can find one for about 100 USD on Ebay. Then sell the i5 to recoup that money. Use the 3770 SSDT so that you get all the p-states and turbo boost working. If that doesn't make a significant difference you could try the 1050 Ti upgrade.

Have you tried using AE in Windows to see how it performs ? I'm not an AE user so I really don't know how GPU dependent it is. I would try to upgrade the CPU first to an i7-3770, you can find one for about 100 USD on Ebay. Then sell the i5 to recoup that money. Use the 3770 SSDT so that you get all the p-states and turbo boost working. If that doesn't make a significant difference you could try the 1050 Ti upgrade.

Thank you again, you all are awesome! Just another newbie question hahaha, what will happen when I change the cpu and turn on the pc? Will I have to install again the SO or something? I have never changed a cpu

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you again, you all are awesome! Just another newbie question hahaha, what will happen when I change the cpu and turn on the pc? Will I have to install again the SO or something? I have never changed a cpu

Thank you for your patience!
There is a video you can watch for a tutorial on swapping out the CPU. It will still boot the same after you install it.
See how to do it at the 3:05 mark in the video below.

I would also note that you should monitor how much of your ram is getting used during your workflow. If it's not enough you can always add more up to 32 GB total. DDR3 1600 MHz ram.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to trs96 for this guide.

I have just finished my own HP Elite 8300 build and everything works flawlessly.

I managed to get an i7 for a decent price, and although the choice of buying new memory and GPU bumped the cost up significantly, it is still amazing bang for buck.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 2.28.12 PM.png

hi everbody,

i just built a successful (up until now) 8300 CMT i7 3770 machine, using the HD4000 onboard video, and all was working well until i decided to put a Syba Firewire 2B1A card in, just to see if it might work. a few minutes after i put it in (nothing connected to the card), my video started getting garbled and degenerated into a snowy screen. removed card and rebooted a couple of times, but after a minute the result was the same.

anyone have a similar experience, and if so is there a solution? not sure if this is the right place to post this, but figured i'd get the best answer in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back