Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased another 8300.

I took the SSD out of my other 8300 and put in the new one
Setup the bios
booted from usb installer
But I can't see the ssd at the installer or disk utility, I could see it via f9 bios.
Any idea what I could have missed to make that happen?

Then i replaced the SSD back into the original 8300, i wanted to do a time machine backup of it. But now the finder is displaying the wrong drive sizes on all drives, hd, ssd and usb. This means that the time machine backup think I'm out of HD space. I have not idea what is wrong with this.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I had a quick (not thorough) look at the forums and couldn't find a problem/thread similar to what I'm having. Basically I've been happily running MacOS 10.12.5 for a while now (since June I think) and everything has been mostly working good. However recently my mic stopped working, I noticed this with the Logitech C720 camera with inbuilt mic. I thought I damaged the wire behind my desk, but the video worked fine. Also the mic of the camera appears in system prefs. But the bar indicator doesn't move at all, totally silent. Then I thought I should try the bluetooth headphones I have and same story - no mic input at all, the devices appear in the 'Sound' menu, I can select them, but neither picks up any sound, one is USB, the other Bluetooth so this leads me to believe that it is a software problem. I also have sound alright, works ok both on the PC's internal speaker and on the bluetooth headphones. I am using VoodooHDA for that, Mac config is iMac 13,2. I had a look at a few problems/solution and some people seem to advise the PRAM to be reset (no idea what that is or means). I am not very confident to poke around without some help and advice as this machine is currently my only machine for work and play as my laptop got stolen recently. So frankly I am even willing to put up with the inconvenience of not having a mic in order to not break stuff, same reason I haven't upgraded to 10.12.6, one item that seems to align with this problem is that I upgraded the GPU from 750Ti to 1050Ti very recently and installed Pascal drivers for that, could this be related? Any ideas?

Hi all,

I had a quick (not thorough) look at the forums and couldn't find a problem/thread similar to what I'm having. Basically I've been happily running MacOS 10.12.5 for a while now (since June I think) and everything has been mostly working good. However recently my mic stopped working, I noticed this with the Logitech C720 camera with inbuilt mic. I thought I damaged the wire behind my desk, but the video worked fine. Also the mic of the camera appears in system prefs. But the bar indicator doesn't move at all, totally silent. Then I thought I should try the bluetooth headphones I have and same story - no mic input at all, the devices appear in the 'Sound' menu, I can select them, but neither picks up any sound, one is USB, the other Bluetooth so this leads me to believe that it is a software problem. I also have sound alright, works ok both on the PC's internal speaker and on the bluetooth headphones. I am using VoodooHDA for that, Mac config is iMac 13,2. I had a look at a few problems/solution and some people seem to advise the PRAM to be reset (no idea what that is or means). I am not very confident to poke around without some help and advice as this machine is currently my only machine for work and play as my laptop got stolen recently. So frankly I am even willing to put up with the inconvenience of not having a mic in order to not break stuff, same reason I haven't upgraded to 10.12.6, one item that seems to align with this problem is that I upgraded the GPU from 750Ti to 1050Ti very recently and installed Pascal drivers for that, could this be related? Any ideas?

I would first try deleting and then reinstalling VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and also the AppleHDADisabler kext. Make sure SIP is completely disabled when you do this. Install both kexts to /L/E as per the guide in post #1.

For anyone having troubles with low volume after installing VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and Apple HDADisabler...

First thing I did was buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018DK9TA/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Which worked, but seemed to reset the USB 2.0 buses every hour or so, disconnecting bluetooth etc. Extremely annoying and not a workable solution.

After looking around a bunch, I downloaded the VoodooHDA preference pane here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbar

Copied it into /Library/Preferencepanes and rebooted. Then you can go into the prefpane and adjust the levels higher to give you a more workable volume level.

(Don't rollback to the earlier VoodooHDA 2.8.8 kext though, it gives you a lot of white noise and doesn't work).

I would first try deleting and then reinstalling VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and also the AppleHDADisabler kext. Make sure SIP is completely disabled when you do this. Install both kexts to /L/E as per the guide in post #1.

Thanks trs96

OK. So I had a very detailed look at the first post and it's slightly different now from the one I followed back in June. I made the change in Clover for the USBs under '8' - Require DSDT Patch and the camera mic seems to be back online, I didn't do this initially. That made me wander what else have I missed and I also ended up adding the i5 ssdt to the EFI folder. Is there any way to check wether this is getting loaded or not? One thing I noticed was that in Activity Monitor before inserting the ssdt my cpu usage would be showing the wrong percentage - so usage 360% etc. (wouldn't it be nice to get that kind of performance IRL). Anyway, now after fiddling with Clover the percentage indicator seems to be quite correct, is that a sign that I did things right with the ssdt?

Thanks for the help, I'm not believing the quick replies I'm getting here.

Thanks trs96

OK. So I had a very detailed look at the first post and it's slightly different now from the one I followed back in June. I made the change in Clover for the USBs under '8' - Require DSDT Patch and the camera mic seems to be back online, I didn't do this initially. That made me wander what else have I missed and I also ended up adding the i5 ssdt to the EFI folder. Is there any way to check wether this is getting loaded or not? One thing I noticed was that in Activity Monitor before inserting the ssdt my cpu usage would be showing the wrong percentage - so usage 360% etc. (wouldn't it be nice to get that kind of performance IRL). Anyway, now after fiddling with Clover the percentage indicator seems to be quite correct, is that a sign that I did things right with the ssdt?

Thanks for the help, I'm not believing the quick replies I'm getting here.

Yes, there have been a few changes as people have tried the guide over the last 3 months and reported issues I've tried to update the fixes. You could install the HW monitor app from Multibeast. Just select the following and then run MB and reboot.
It will be in Applications.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Wow that HW monitor app looks quite elaborate. I didn't know it existed. Looks useful. I'll check it out

Thank you to all that have put this guide together and to all that have posted problems and contributors that have find fixes... it helps everyone else in their build. I am new here and am about to build my first hackintosh. My parts list should be arriving any day now.

I read through the whole thread...whew! 55 pages of good information though.

I am very excited to get this going.

I posted this over in the Post Installation forum, but didn't have any luck, was wondering if anyone has run into the same problem.

I have the EDUP wifi dongle, and it works fine, but the thing is it stalls out when downloading large files at around 10Mb. Have tried everything I can think of. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

I got a question. I am trying to build an 8300 CMT i7 and has already ordered the GT 1050 Ti compact single fan from the link from first page. But just to confirm, was that just mainly for best graphics card for the SFF? Or is that also best choice for the CMT?

(If not, I can still use that for my 8300 SFF build) let me know what your suggestions are.
Or could these even be built up with gold power supplies to support full size powerful graphics cards? Or would that be too much for these setups?

My main use is for video editing on FCPX.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back