Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed a few things in steps #7 and #8 of the guide. You'll need to go slower and read carefully. Follow the guide exactly as it's written, use the screenshot examples for reference. Note that you will need to leave Inject Intel checked in the config.plist as you are using HD4000 for graphics. You got that part correct, so leave it check marked if you don't have a discrete graphics card.
thanks, tried again but no improvement, if possible are you able to point out what i've missed

thanks, tried again but no improvement, if possible are you able to point out what i've missed
Using wrong Sys Def. SIP is not disabled. Did not do the DSDT patches in CC. Probably some others that I missed. Did you select UEFI Quickstart in Multibeast ? Are you seeing the Clover bootloader screen and your install drive there ?

• Sys Def, not sure what that is
  • SIP was set 0x67
  • DSDT was changed to EH01 and EH02
  • Multibeast Quickstart was set UEFI Boot Mode
  • Only see Bootloader with USB stick in, install drive is viewable
Something is way off here, its like all the changes I made have not saved,

Attached is the CC config from my second attempt

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 108
Your changes are not registering in the .plist. Always have your USB ejected when you are trying to edit the config.plist. That way you won't mount the wrong one. Make your internal hard drives visible on the desktop so that you know the EFI partition is mounted before editing. Go to Finder -> Preferences -> checkmark the box to show hard disks on the desktop.

thanks, I have the Hard drives showing on desktop now. Mac HD, System Reserved and untitled.

But if I eject the USB I have no EFI partitions to mount in CC

thanks, I have the Hard drives showing on desktop now. Mac HD, System Reserved and untitled.

But if I eject the USB I have no EFI partitions to mount in CC

Probably best to go back to step 5. Remake your Unibeast installer. Then clean reinstall to your hard drive. Make sure to open Disk Utility and re-partition the drive correctly before you install Sierra. Take your time make sure each task is completed successfully before going on to the next.

Does anyone know if the 8300 SFF will fit a 6300 SFF case?

I'm finding hints that they are: they look the same, eBay has front bezels, case lids, power supplies labeled as "6300 8300"

I'm thinking that in the future, I may want to add another SATA 3 port (thanks HP for making it look like the 6300 has two... when it doesn't) and possibly a PCI-E SSD - and the 8300 mobo has an extra SATA 3 and a PCI-E x4 slot... while add in x1 add in cards into a 6300 would be a major bottleneck (for example a SATA 3 port on a PCI-E x1 adapter runs at speeds closer to SATA 2 than 3, and there would be absolutely no point to adding an m2 SSD).

Anyone actually transplanted one?

Does anyone know if the 8300 SFF will fit a 6300 SFF case?

I'm finding hints that they are: they look the same, eBay has front bezels, case lids, power supplies labeled as "6300 8300"

I'm thinking that in the future, I may want to add another SATA 3 port (thanks HP for making it look like the 6300 has two... when it doesn't) and possibly a PCI-E SSD - and the 8300 mobo has an extra SATA 3 and a PCI-E x4 slot... while add in x1 add in cards into a 6300 would be a major bottleneck (for example a SATA 3 port on a PCI-E x1 adapter runs at speeds closer to SATA 2 than 3, and there would be absolutely no point to adding an m2 SSD).

Anyone actually transplanted one?
You should be able to buy an HP 8300 SFF board for anywhere from 18-20 dollars on Ebay and swap out the existing 6300 one.
I have taken an HP 6300 SFF motherboard and transplanted it to an HP 6200 MT case. That worked with no problems. When you go from an 8300 SFF board to a 6300 SFF case I would assume all the motherboard mounting points would match up. They didn't design two different SFF cases for each model. That being said i've never attempted what you are trying to do. The best scenario would be to have an 8300 SFF motherboard in a 6200/6300 MT case. Then you can use full height Wifi and Graphics cards and also have two Sata 3 connectors onboard as well. :thumbup: If anyone attempts this let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
I have taken an HP 6300 SFF motherboard and transplanted it to an HP 6200 MT case. That worked with no problems. When you go from an 8300 SFF board to a 6300 SFF case I would assume all the motherboard mounting points would match up. They didn't design two different SFF cases for each model. That being said i've never attempted what you are trying to do. The best scenario would be to have an 8300 SFF motherboard in a 6300 MT case. Then you can use full height Wifi and Graphics cards and also have two Sata 3 connectors onboard as well. :thumbup:

Yeah, hear you. Finding very reasonably priced 8300 SFF mobos on eBay, not so much for 8300 MT cases or cpu-less systems.

as for full size wifi, have ordered a 3 antenna pci-e adapter bcm94360CSAX card as i can cut that bracket down, and a BCM94360CSAX card which is the 3 antenna macbook version. I have an old macbook card, but it's a wireless N two antenna BT3 version, figured the new card at $15 was cheap enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back