Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DP onboard is only the 1.1 version and not 1.2 which you need to drive a 4K monitor at it's native resolution. HD2500 also does not support 4K monitors, only those up to 2560 X 1440p. The BIOS cannot display at any resolution that matches what your 4K monitor can produce so that's why you don't see it. Others have reported the same thing with a 4K monitor connected directly to DP. Try connecting a VGA cable direct to a 1080p monitor if you have one. You could even use a TV that is 1080p as a temporary solution. Then you should be able to enter the BIOS and make needed changes. Best approach is to reset factory defaults as the guide suggests. Then disable the serial port. You're going to need a dedicated graphics card with that CPU eventually to run macOS. Do you have one ? Even a simple 70 dollar GT 1030 (MSI brand) will work. It has DP output. Other GT 1030s don't.
Thanks for the quick reply! You're the only person to fully help me understand the conclusion I came to on my own since I haven't been able to find much help on this subject. I went back to the place I bought the pc from, and bought a $20 monitor from them, and now I can access the bios! I actually ordered the 1030 from amazon yesterday. Its supposed to arrive to day along side a 120gb ssd drive. Again thank you so much for your help and quick reply.

Thanks for the quick reply! You're the only person to fully help me understand the conclusion I came to on my own since I haven't been able to find much help on this subject. I went back to the place I bought the pc from, and bought a $20 monitor from them, and now I can access the bios! I actually ordered the 1030 from amazon yesterday. Its supposed to arrive to day along side a 120gb ssd drive. Again thank you so much for your help and quick reply.

Only VGA on my 6300 SFF worked to a 720p tv, the DP did not with my particular monitor (also 4k). Not sure if a DP to HDMI adapter would work, didn't have any to test.

With VGA at 1368x768, my HD4000 i7 3770 would be reported by MacOS as a 3MB display. Wasn't too bad, wasn't great either.

Your cpu is HD2500, which won't work with OS X?

In any event, my GT 1030 finally arrived after a week, and with the Nvidia web drivers, works great.

im going to be trying for 1080 from hd4000 via displaycable, think im safe, don't want to have to get a graphics card just yet

Only VGA on my 6300 SFF worked to a 720p tv, the DP did not with my particular monitor (also 4k). Not sure if a DP to HDMI adapter would work, didn't have any to test.

With VGA at 1368x768, my HD4000 i7 3770 would be reported by MacOS as a 3MB display. Wasn't too bad, wasn't great either.

Your cpu is HD2500, which won't work with OS X?

In any event, my GT 1030 finally arrived after a week, and with the Nvidia web drivers, works great.

Yeah it looks like I do have the Hd2500 which is a bummer, there was no way I could tell when I purchased it. However the dedicated gpu will be arriving today. So that should take care of it. @trs96 once I do get my dedicated graphics card, is there anything I need to do differently other than run the display through the graphics card? once install it? Sorry huge noob with this. Do I need to redo my usb and select to enable the nividia thing? or will this run setup without an issue using the 1030.. and then I get the web drivers?

Has anyone else had trouble with sleep/wake since using the ssdt.aml? My sleep/wake worked great before but I put the ssdt.aml on the EFI partition yesterday and woke up this morning and the PC was lit like it was turned back on, but the monitor and everything else were still asleep and I had to do a hard shut down on the computer to get it to come back, and just had to do the same thing again after getting home from work. I removed the ssdt.aml and will see if it's able to wake again like normal tomorrow morning.
My sleep/wake has been back to working normally since removing the ssdt.aml. Not sure what the problem is. I may try it again and see what happens. Maybe I accidentally got the one for the 3470 instead of the 3770.

Yeah it looks like I do have the Hd2500 which is a bummer, there was no way I could tell when I purchased it. However the dedicated gpu will be arriving today. So that should take care of it. @trs96 once I do get my dedicated graphics card, is there anything I need to do differently other than run the display through the graphics card? once install it? Sorry huge noob with this. Do I need to redo my usb and select to enable the nividia thing? or will this run setup without an issue using the 1030.. and then I get the web drivers?
No need to change the USB. Follow the guide in Post #1 and it will work.

I'm sorry to ask, this may be dumb... but, How do I fit the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB into the 8300 SFF? (does it fit?)

I'm sorry to ask, this may be dumb... but, How do I fit the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB into the 8300 SFF? (does it fit?)
Only low profile graphics cards will fit in an SFF case. Full height cards would require the Elite 8300 MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back