Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the specs. If you want 8 GB get a 2 x 4GB kit. You could try and use the existing 4GB DIMM with these and see if it works.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

So this 8gb will not work? Even with the 4gb removed?

It will still work but you want to run the ram in dual channel mode, which requires two 4GB modules that are the same. If you just want one 8GB go with that and add another 8 GB identical module later on.

It will still work but you want to run the ram in dual channel mode, which requires two 4GB modules that are the same. If you just want one 8GB go with that and add another 8 GB identical module later on.
Thanks, thats what I was hoping would work

So so so pumped to try this. I am stuck though, I can't get my slim Hp 6300 to boot into the bios. the hp keyboard and stuff makes the sound when I repeatedly tap f10.. however with the 4k monitor and DisplayPort input I've been using I can't see anything on the screen. when starting the system I don't see anything until windows is booted.. I was able to update the bios inside windows though. any ideas?

I have the i3 3200 model, 4gb of ram, running windows 10 at the moment. Its actually now not letting me hit f10 to get to the bios at all.. boots up with a black screen and then jumps into windows. I have fast boot disable inside of windows. This sucks because I don't want to have to get another model. I just haven't found help on this issue. :(

Last edited:

I am using 3 modules, 2x4 GB dual channel and 1x4 GB single channel without problems. All three are Samsung branded, as I previously written.

Hello
First of all ,I am complete noob :) If you guys dont mind me asking ,I have a few questions to ask:
My mid 2010 21.5 imac(i3 3.06, 256 mb ATI 12 GB ram,250 GB SSD) has started to show her age and thinking about a new imac which is going to cost me £1200. I really cant afford it now. Do you think a HP6300-8300 with 16 ram, 1-2GB ram GPU, i5 CPU and SSD will give me a reasonably fast and smooth experience? I dont play games or edit video. It will be for web browsing, mail, office, watching videos 4K
Is this a good base https://www.gumtree.com/p/desktop-w...hz-cpu-8gb-ram-500gb-hdd-win-10-pc/1259049076 ?
I dont think I need a very fast graphics card, what do you think about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-GeFo...115045&hash=item4405696b59:g:y4gAAOSwDrNZPvbY ?

Many thanks

Last edited:
So so so pumped to try this. I am stuck though, I can't get my slim Hp 6300 to boot into the bios. the hp keyboard and stuff makes the sound when I repeatedly tap f10.. however with the 4k monitor and DisplayPort input I've been using I can't see anything on the screen. when starting the system I don't see anything until windows is booted.. I was able to update the bios inside windows though. any ideas?
The DP onboard is only the 1.1 version and not 1.2 which you need to drive a 4K monitor at it's native resolution. HD2500 also does not support 4K monitors, only those up to 2560 X 1440p. The BIOS cannot display at any resolution that matches what your 4K monitor can produce so that's why you don't see it. Others have reported the same thing with a 4K monitor connected directly to DP. Try connecting a VGA cable direct to a 1080p monitor if you have one. You could even use a TV that is 1080p as a temporary solution. Then you should be able to enter the BIOS and make needed changes. Best approach is to reset factory defaults as the guide suggests. Then disable the serial port. You're going to need a dedicated graphics card with that CPU eventually to run macOS. Do you have one ? Even a simple 70 dollar GT 1030 (MSI brand) will work. It has DP output. Other GT 1030s don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back