Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hello Rehabman, I have pretty much everything installed and working on my Asus G750JW except for battery status. I received an edited DSDT from Aandrei over at the Asus forums, and i just can't seem to get my battery status working. I have it up in the top right hand corner of my screen, but it just stays at 0%. Any ideas? (My DSDT is attached) ----> View attachment DSDT.aml

Hello Rehabman, I have pretty much everything installed and working on my Asus G750JW except for battery status. I received an edited DSDT from Aandrei over at the Asus forums, and i just can't seem to get my battery status working. I have it up in the top right hand corner of my screen, but it just stays at 0%. Any ideas? (My DSDT is attached) ----> View attachment 111924

There is likely a patch for your DSDT already in the repo. Read post #1.

There is likely a patch for your DSDT already in the repo. Read post #1.

Yeah, i've applied the patch in the Github repo, and installed the ACPIBattery kext via KextBeast, and the battery status still stays at 0%. Any ideas?

Yeah, i've applied the patch in the Github repo, and installed the ACPIBattery kext via KextBeast, and the battery status still stays at 0%. Any ideas?

Maybe the patch is not correct for your DSDT. You should check by following the guidelines in post #1.

Also, use the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext to further pinpoint the problem.

Maybe the patch is not correct for your DSDT. You should check by following the guidelines in post #1.

Also, use the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext to further pinpoint the problem.

Alright, i'll try to check the guidelines real quick. I'll let ya know what i find.

@RehabMan,

i noticed you you have a DSDT prepared for the surface pro v1...by any chance do you have one for the surface pro 2 (1.9ghz 4300U)...I successfully installed Yosemite along side windows 8.1... And really want to get a few things fixed mainly battery indicator & usb 3.0 (but I dont know if that has to do with DSDT),

Do u have one or can u help point me in the right direction on what I would need to to change the DSDT for SP1 to work on SP2?

Thank you in advance and thanks for all the time U have taken to help the community

p.s: if u can't help no problem, Im sure u have a lot on ur plate :)

@RehabMan,

i noticed you you have a DSDT prepared for the surface pro v1...by any chance do you have one for the surface pro 2 (1.9ghz 4300U)...I successfully installed Yosemite along side windows 8.1... And really want to get a few things fixed mainly battery indicator & usb 3.0 (but I dont know if that has to do with DSDT),

Do u have one or can u help point me in the right direction on what I would need to to change the DSDT for SP1 to work on SP2?

Thank you in advance and thanks for all the time U have taken to help the community

p.s: if u can't help no problem, Im sure u have a lot on ur plate :)

What you see in the repo is what I have...

Read post #1 to create your own patches for SurfacePro2... If you are successful, you can contribute.

What you see in the repo is what I have...

Read post #1 to create your own patches for SurfacePro2... If you are successful, you can contribute.

Fair enough thanks again

Yes. I usually search prior to writing a patch to rename/reconfigure it. If there are no references, then I skip it.

First one stores all zeros to SMD0. You would replace with WECB(offset-SMD0, 256, Zero).

The second stores SMD0 to Local3. You would replace with 'Store(RECB(offset-SMD0, 256), Local3)'

You're calculating the offset by adding the size of the previous item to determine the offset of the next item.

From one of the patches in the repo (with some extra comments):
Code:
#                        Offset (0x5D), // next item starts at 0x5d, assuming EmbeddedControl region starts at Zero
#                ENIB,   16,//5d (this one is at 5d, but is 2-bytes, so next will be at 5f)
#                ENDD,   8,//5f (see..., next at 60, because this is 1-byte)
#                SMPR,   8,//60
#                SMST,   8,//61
#                SMAD,   8,//62
#                SMCM,   8,//63
#                SMD0,   256,//64

It is simple counting/adding.

I will move these posts to the battery patch thread as they are instructive...

wow, i think you counted it wrong ,check post #79 # SMD0, 256,//63” (missing 1 bit)
now i finally know how to get offsets,haha thanks rehabman!:cool:

wow, i think you counted it wrong ,check post #79 # SMD0, 256,//63” (missing 1 bit)
now i finally know how to get offsets,haha thanks rehabman!:cool:

It happens...

Back