Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

So after many Problems, i was able to boot again. And now i have a X on battery symbol.And i uploaded the ioregView attachment 92812

DSDT is not working correctly. Check system.log for errors related to battery so you know where to start investigating.

How can i chech the system.log?

DSDT is not working correctly. Check system.log for errors related to battery so you know where to start investigating.

Hello, could help with the detection of the battery in the DSDT.
Took several days trying to fix my DSDT for detecion of the battery, to no avail due to my limited knowledge on the subject.
My computer is a HP DV9500 and everything works properly except the battery monitoring and fan indicator in HWmonitor.
I installed the kext ACPIBatteryManager in S / L / E and loading it properly
(14.05.2014 16:21:01 +0200 kernel [0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Version 1.52 starting.
05.14.2014 16:21:01 +0200 kernel [0]: ACPIBatteryManager: Using ACPI battery information regularly _BIF method) but the battery icon does not detect it.
Add my DSDT (without any modification battery) and ioreg.
Excuse my bad English, use translator.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    35.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ioreg-DV9500.iore.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
  • bateria.tiff
    688.7 KB · Views: 99

Huge thanks RehabMan!

With the guide (and a little google on regex etc) I managed to patch my DSDT to work with my Acer 5737Z battery.

Attaching if anyone needs it. It's probably very amateurish being my first go at something like this, but I had fun beating the challenge.

Attachments

• ACER 5737Z DSDT Battery patch.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 152

Huge thanks RehabMan!

With the guide (and a little google on regex etc) I managed to patch my DSDT to work with my Acer 5737Z battery.

Attaching if anyone needs it. It's probably very amateurish being my first go at something like this, but I had fun beating the challenge.

It doesn't look right.

Post your native DSDT.

Yeah it dawned on me yesterday that I was probably not working with the native DSDT. I'll have a go at the native and post both new patch and native when I get to a computer.

Yeah it dawned on me yesterday that I was probably not working with the native DSDT. I'll have a go at the native and post both new patch and native when I get to a computer.

Problem is L1L4/patch for 56-bit field does not make any sense.

Follow the guide in post #1 when dealing with such fields.

TBPH I am pretty much lost after 16/32 bits instructions. I have zero programming skills (obv) and was shooting for a shortcut with the L1L4.

I also get a bunch of warnings unrelated to Battery.
Posting the native DSDT. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

View attachment dsdt_native.zip

Back