Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Yes, battery_HP-G6-2221ss.txt plus this patch works flawlessly with HP dv6-3165sf.

Thanks. Added it to the repo. Please test.

Thanks. Added it to the repo. Please test.

Tested, and confirmed it's working.

Confirmed that the battery patch for Dell XPS 13 works on Dell XPS 15z , no need to change anything :D

I will add it to the description. Thanks!

Hi RehabMan thanks for your works are all awesome (I use all of your kexts). But with this battery patch I'm going crazy, because all of my dsdt parameters are very different from the example. The kext work but I'm trying to figured out why my battery drain more faster than the other laptops ( less than 2 hrs with battery charged). Can you help me, please? Sorry for my english.

Peace and love from italy

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 102

Hi RehabMan thanks for your works are all awesome (I use all of your kexts). But with this battery patch I'm going crazy, because all of my dsdt parameters are very different from the example. The kext work but I'm trying to figured out why my battery drain more faster than the other laptops ( less than 2 hrs with battery charged). Can you help me, please? Sorry for my english.

Peace and love from italy

Post the patches/work you've completed so far. I see nothing unusual about your DSDT. SMD0, MBCT, RCAP, MBVT, DBAT, MBCP, MBDV, MDCP, BCCT, SMW0, all need conversion.

Also, battery status has nothing to do with power usage (power management). For PM, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Post the patches/work you've completed so far. I see nothing unusual about your DSDT. SMD0, MBCT, RCAP, MBVT, DBAT, MBCP, MBDV, MDCP, BCCT, SMW0, all need conversion.

Also, battery status has nothing to do with power usage (power management). For PM, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

For patch you intend only for the battery or usb, smbus, ecc..? Also I ha ve bios patched to work with original appleintelcpu...kext and a ssdt for my cpu. The problem of the battery isn't only the drain but also when for example the laptop says 92% and I put the ac adapter the system says that the battery charge is complete and stay with 92%. To resolve this I need to get less than 80% and insert the ac adapter to get 100%. I hope you can understand the problem explained in this way.

For patch you intend only for the battery or usb, smbus, ecc..?

Battery status is separate from any other DSDT patch you may do.

Also I ha ve bios patched to work with original appleintelcpu...kext and a ssdt for my cpu.

OK, that just means you don't need to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. All other PM checklist items still apply.

The problem of the battery isn't only the drain but also when for example the laptop says 92% and I put the ac adapter the system says that the battery charge is complete and stay with 92%. To resolve this I need to get less than 80% and insert the ac adapter to get 100%. I hope you can understand the problem explained in this way.

That is correct behavior. Most laptop chargers do not begin charge the battery until it is under some threshold. This is to reduce the number of unnecessary cycles on the battery such that the battery lifetime is extended.

This behavior has nothing to do with battery status kext/battery patches. It is behavior built-in to the charger/embedded controller firmware in your laptop.

Back