Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

It is normal. Ignore. Hacks don't have the special AC adapter that Macs do (where this info comes from), so it is hardcoded into FakeSMC.
The Windows system seems to be able to judge the power of the ac adapter, when I change the AC ,the system prop alert ,maybe we can get the information from some variable

The Windows system seems to be able to judge the power of the ac adapter, when I change the AC ,the system prop alert ,mayb m we can get the information from some variable

No idea what you're referring to as far as "when I change the AC", nor "the system prop alert".

No idea what you're referring to as far as "when I change the AC", nor "the system prop alert".
When I plug in a lower power ac adapter,the system will show a message window ,tell me that I plug a wrong adapter ,sorry for my poor English

When I plug in a lower power ac adapter,the system will show a message window ,tell me that I plug a wrong adapter ,sorry for my poor English

Is that in Windows?

I need a test to confirm where it come from

Is that in Windows?
I'm sorry ,I can't get the alert message from windows 10 ,maybe it comes from windows 7 ,
but I really get the AC Adapter type from bios
upload_2018-2-9_1-18-9.png

Hey guys. Thanks for your great work but I think I need your help. I bought new battery for my old Asus K52Je Laptop which is currently running El Captain 10.11.5. When I plugged in new battery I realized there is no battery status in my Hackintosh (I never used it as my battery was dead anyway).

I installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext, I noticed it showed battery icon with X on top of it. I followed DSDT patching guide from the first post - I used battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt as I base as it covered all entries under my EmbeddedControl section. I had to do one more modification with B1B2 function to compile successfully and then saved the .aml file in Clover/acpi/patches directory. Looks like Clover recognizes the file but still no battery status at all.

Can you please help me to get it to work?

Thank you!

Attachments

• System-output.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hey guys. Thanks for your great work but I think I need your help. I bought new battery for my old Asus K52Je Laptop which is currently running El Captain 10.11.5. When I plugged in new battery I realized there is no battery status in my Hackintosh (I never used it as my battery was dead anyway).

I installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext, I noticed it showed battery icon with X on top of it. I followed DSDT patching guide from the first post - I used battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt as I base as it covered all entries under my EmbeddedControl section. I had to do one more modification with B1B2 function to compile successfully and then saved the .aml file in Clover/acpi/patches directory. Looks like Clover recognizes the file but still no battery status at all.

Can you please help me to get it to work?

Thank you!

Clover does not read .dsl files in ACPI/patched. Must be compiled as AML.
Read ACPI patching guide for ACPI fundamentals:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Back