Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hmm, when I was reading the battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt I saw things like "into device label EC0 insert" and thought it is related to it. Anyways, my battery patch is working well, however, I switched to your new config file which has loads of patches and fixes. EC0 EC broke my status. It shows 0% on the login screen for a few secs then started showing the correct value. But when I was in desktop, battery icon was red, 90% and a warning, computer will sleep due to low battery. Disabling EC0 patch from config file fixed the issue. May I asked what is that patch for?

If you need help diagnosing your mistake, read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and attach the requested files.

If you need help diagnosing your mistake, read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and attach the requested files.

I found this post below, quite same problem and I'll try rename patches for SSDT-8 and 10 without dropping ECDT and see if it's working.

dropped ECDT, patched SSDT-8 and 10, enabled EC0->EC patch, and everything looks good(ABPCUSB loaded, injected properties, and no battery issues).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...jection-for-sierra.222266/page-6#post-1511963

Hi guys,
Since I couldn't find the battery patch for Acer Aspire 7720G, just wanted to contribute a text file with a working one. Other DSDT patches for Acer were close but didn't exactly match, so it took me a while to write the correct one. The file might need to be checked by RehabMan, but I confirm it works on my build.
I also wanted to thank RehabMan for a fantastic work he is doing.

UPDATE:
Added both the patch file and native DSDT.

I modified the patch for "Acer Aspire 5741g" instead of adding an entirely new patch.
Please test.

Dear @RehabMan

I have Fujitsu Lifebook P771/D (Japan Version) with Spec : Core i3-2320M (Sandy Bridge), Intel HD 3000, ..everything work perfectly with mac os sierra 10.12.6 except minor bug with battery status which sometime suddenly the battery stat not available (the battery icon with " X "), but a minute or more latter normal again, this bug repeatly again and agin

I dont touch/patch "Embedded Controller" section on DSDT because the original DSDT has fields everything 8 bit on EC, so i dont know which part of this EC cause this bug...my be you have any suggestion or patch to fix this minor bug ?

Thanks

attach ; original DSDT

Attachments

• DSDT_Fujitsu_P771.aml
    37 KB · Views: 97
Dear @RehabMan

I have Fujitsu Lifebook P771/D (Japan Version) with Spec : Core i3-2320M (Sandy Bridge), Intel HD 3000, ..everything work perfectly with mac os sierra 10.12.6 except minor bug with battery status which sometime suddenly the battery stat not available (the battery icon with " X "), but a minute or more latter normal again, this bug repeatly again and agin

I dont touch/patch "Embedded Controller" section on DSDT because the original DSDT has fields everything 8 bit on EC, so i dont know which part of this EC cause this bug...my be you have any suggestion or patch to fix this minor bug ?

Thanks

attach ; original DSDT

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi there, after I completed disabling Nvidia, red battery bar reappeared.
EC0 -> EC hot patch causes battery status displayed 0% on login screen for a few seconds then shows the real status, however, even it shows the correct value, it warns that computer will sleep due to low battery on desktop and the bar always red. But if I disable this patch, battery status working without any flaw.

Problem reporting files?

Hi there, after I completed disabling Nvidia, red battery bar reappeared.
EC0 -> EC hot patch causes battery status displayed 0% on login screen for a few seconds then shows the real status, however, even it shows the correct value, it warns that computer will sleep due to low battery on desktop and the bar always red. But if I disable this patch, battery status working without any flaw.

Problem reporting files?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

There you go.

You have unbalanced renames.
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches applies to ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, but not the SSDTs there.
So, you have EC0 renamed to EC in DSDT, but not the SSDTs.
Must rename EC0->EC manually in all the SSDTs that reference EC0 (SSDT-9, SSDT-10, SSDT-11).
Also, ECDT.aml uses EC0.
You could try patching it, but I found it doesn't work (could be a Clover problem).
Probably best to avoid EC0->EC patch and add a Fake EC with SSDT-EC.aml.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/

Back