Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Last edited:
Umm this is not the Yoga 900.. It's a Miix 510

I know. The support is reflected in the file comments.

- or is the patch the same ?

Patch is similar enough that I was able to just add a few small tweaks to the Lenovo Yoga 900 patch.
And then added a comment to the file...
Less patch files is better.

Thanks a million for this helpful guide. Attached is a working patch for my Samsung NP900X3E. Might work for other Series 9 ultrabooks, but I have no way of testing that.

Edit: So it seems at 3 AM I messed up the endianness in _BTP. This edit makes it immediately read the correct battery level, instead of waiting for the first change to reflect it. I think I might still be storing Local0 wrong, and that that has something to do with why charger cable status changes aren't picked up on.

Attachments

• Samsung NP900X3E.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Samsung_NP900X3E.patch.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thanks a million for this helpful guide. Attached is a working patch for my Samsung NP900X3E. Might work for other Series 9 ultrabooks, but I have no way of testing that.
Good job.

Edit: So it seems at 3 AM I messed up the endianness in _BTP. This edit makes it immediately read the correct battery level, instead of waiting for the first change to reflect it. I think I might still be storing Local0 wrong, and that that has something to do with why charger cable status changes aren't picked up on.

The existing patch "Samsung Series 3" is a match for your DSDT.
No need for a new patch.
Note: The BTPC patch you have inside your Samsung NP900X3E.zip is the correct one. The one in Samsung_NP900X3E.patch.zip is wrong.

Last edited:
The existing patch "Samsung Series 3" is a match for your DSDT.
No need for a new patch.
Note: The PTPC patch you have inside your Samsung NP900X3E.zip is the correct one. The one in Samsung_NP900X3E.patch.zip is wrong.
Ha, I wish I had known that before. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Ha, I wish I had known that before. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Yeah... it seems many do not read this little tidbit from post #1:
Existing Patches

First of all, it could be that there is patch already available for your laptop. See my patches at: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

In order to match your DSDT with a patch, it is often necessary to understand how the patches are made in the first place, so you know what to look for in your DSDT and can match what you see with the patches already available. A patch set that has a high ratio of changes to patches, creates no errors, and appears to patch all fields that need to be patched is likely a match.

Hello.
I've patched the DSDT using this patch after reading the first post in this thread and noticing the names of the fields matched what I was seeing.
After applying the patch, there were no errors. There were some fields larger than 8 bits left, but they were either referenced in WMID only or not referenced anywhere.

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext is loaded and is able to detect whether the power plug is connected or not, but the battery level is showing 0% and charging even though the battery is full and not charging.

I've attached original and patched DSDT.
Thanks.

Attachments

• elitebook.zip
    144.8 KB · Views: 90
Hello.
I've patched the DSDT using this patch after reading the first post in this thread and noticing the names of the fields matched what I was seeing.
After applying the patch, there were no errors. There were some fields larger than 8 bits left, but they were either referenced in WMID only or not referenced anywhere.

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext is loaded and is able to detect whether the power plug is connected or not, but the battery level is showing 0% and charging even though the battery is full and not charging.

I've attached original and patched DSDT.
Thanks.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Attachments

• elitebook.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Back