Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Well Rehab, here is my config, I do all the steps and can not make it work.
Thanks...

Attachments

• DSDT+Terminal+Clover.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
Try the "Lenovo Ux10-Z580" patch.
Reply with result.
Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ.
i patched my original DSDT by the Lenovo Ux10-Z580, but there were not battery info nether battery precent. And it seems some acpi errors in -v. But the sudo dmesg is too short to reach those words. Maybe some patch are invalid. And this is relared info.
And i tried to patching edited DSDT, there is no change.

Attachments

• Kit's2.zip
    584 KB · Views: 91
i patched my original DSDT by the Lenovo Ux10-Z580, but there were not battery info nether battery precent. And it seems some acpi errors in -v. But the sudo dmesg is too short to reach those words. Maybe some patch are invalid. And this is relared info.
And i tried to patching edited DSDT, there is no change.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Ok, i will remove all the patches from config.plist and post the results, I update my signature as per FAQ.

See Clover guide linked from FAQ for correct "starter" config.plist.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
I supposed that these were just used at first. And this is my profile. Laptop:Thunderobot 911m-s2b, Alc283, wireless BCM94352HMB, 16gb, 10.12/win7, clover, i7-4720HQ, HD4600( the Tunderobot 911 patch i tried before, nothing changed)
And this is my new stuff.

Attachments

• Kit's.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 223
I supposed that these were just used at first. And this is my profile. Laptop:Thunderobot 911m-s2b, Alc283, wireless BCM94352HMB, 16gb, 10.12/win7, clover, i7-4720HQ, HD4600( the Tunderobot 911 patch i tried before, nothing changed)
And this is my new stuff.

ACPI is not patched correctly.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml

Must also have correct settings for DropOem and SortedOrder.

Also, no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). eg. missing "OS Check Fix". Probably other common patches missing...
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

ACPI is not patched correctly.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml

Must also have correct settings for DropOem and SortedOrder.

Also, no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). eg. missing "OS Check Fix". Probably other common patches missing...
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
OK, i tried to patch the common patches. And pu the whole ssdt into the patched folder.After that, it worked!!! Thx a lot! It's a big problem for me for a long time. I guess it's common patchs that reason why it couldn't detect battery. Thx, and you can add my model into your source. Thunderobot 911m-s2b. And this is my stuff as usual.

Attachments

• Kit‘s.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 189
Hello Mr. RehabMan, I just tried the battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt patch for my UX303UB and it worked !
I just had to use the fix_PARSEOP_ZERO.txt fix too and removed the two "#" in the two last lines (agressive mode) to make it work :)
Thanks for your awesome work !

(It's a bit off topic but do you have a link for a fix for my Intel HD 520 Graphics card ?)

Back