Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

_BST gives current status. Read the ACPI spec.
And if you need me to look at what you're actually doing (maybe you made a simple mistake), read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Your initial post did not contain the required files.

You got it boss. I've attached the required files. Thanks again.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    553.2 KB · Views: 90
EFI/Clover is missing. Please read the request carefully.

I'm running Chameleon. Is that intended to get the original DSDT dumps? I have the originals from Linux.

I'm running Chameleon. Is that intended to get the original DSDT dumps? I have the originals from Linux.

No plans to support Chameleon here...

No plans to support Chameleon here...

Haha alright, you win. Tossed Clover on a USB stick. Though I'm a fan of Cameleon I must say Clover boots OSX a lot quicker, fewer warnings as well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 91
Haha alright, you win. Tossed Clover on a USB stick. Though I'm a fan of Cameleon I must say Clover boots OSX a lot quicker, fewer warnings as well.

You did not press F4 to collect ACPI/origin files. The files you have there are not from a Clover F4 dump.
And you will need to submit all files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Hi Guys,

i'm worked on a Battery Patch for the Acer E5 575 Series (Skylake), but I need some Help with fixing correction Missing Patches. My Problem is, i have no discharging Calculation Status with Mr. Rehabman’s ACPIBatteryManager.kext( RehabMan-Battery-2016-1118 ). That’s why i try to make working Patches.

Mr. Rehabman’s how to Battery Dsdt Patch looks different then my Dsdt and some Dsdt parts totally Confuse me.

Under OperationRegion (ERAM, SystemMemory <- there is no EmbeddedControl in ERAM

OperationRegion (VERM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
Field (VERM, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
LNPS, 8
}

VERM only Exist in this Line.

Can someone take a look in my Files and Patches please?

I have not enough Knowledge and Understandings to Finish this Battery Patch. Thanks!!

Attachments

• battery rehabman.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
The only thing I can think of to explain the difference would be a difference in timing.

There is a lot more setup code for each read when using RECB/WECB... therefore the time delta between reads is larger than if the EC fields were being accessed directly. It could be that the EC is not setup to handle the faster speed (Windows may have forced timing in its ACPI implementation).
So there is no other thing to do than leaving the fields read by RECB/WECB methods. I guess there is no way to manually force timing like it is probably made on Windows.

You did not press F4 to collect ACPI/origin files. The files you have there are not from a Clover F4 dump.
And you will need to submit all files requested in "Problem Reporting".

My apologies. Here is all of the information asked for.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
So there is no other thing to do than leaving the fields read by RECB/WECB methods. I guess there is no way to manually force timing like it is probably made on Windows.

You could force timing with Sleep or Stall calls between each read.
But it is somewhat inconvenient to implement such patches.

Back