Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

little update : reinstall OS X 10.11.6 with clean config.plist with last version of acpibatterymanager still same the percentage show 0. so i thought maybe the new version had a bug or broke some information. so i dig up zeroed's old post at insenlymac and i got the old version of acpibatterymanager i think it's update for 10.7.3. install it and voila battery icon showing percentage 81%.as for this matter i don't know why the new version didn't work.here's the battery information from system information with ioreg.maybe you have some clue about the problem in the new version.thank's a lot for you help and information.

Need "Problem Reporting" data with newer ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed.

Need "Problem Reporting" data with newer ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed.

want to download patchmatic, link error "AccessDeniedAccess DeniedDFA0E7047DA2235Djcunhsw68DcS62bGj9heUaS2enSry87znwA+Xl+y3grp+TWeQHhVuqbczLpDvDrjbvtGtSaxh8s="

but if its just to extract native dsdt, i already have the native dsdt from linux.i've attach it yesterday.

want to download patchmatic, link error "AccessDeniedAccess DeniedDFA0E7047DA2235Djcunhsw68DcS62bGj9heUaS2enSry87znwA+Xl+y3grp+TWeQHhVuqbczLpDvDrjbvtGtSaxh8s="

but if its just to extract native dsdt, i already have the native dsdt from linux.i've attach it yesterday.

bitbucket is having issues. Wait until they are resolved.

im hackintoshing a skylake laptop and i looked in the DSDT.aml and i am finding no embedded control so has that ever happened to anybody else?

im hackintoshing a skylake laptop and i looked in the DSDT.aml and i am finding no embedded control so has that ever happened to anybody else?

Check SSDTs. But it is possible your laptop doesn't use an EC region. It is not a requirement of the ACPI spec.

Check SSDTs. But it is possible your laptop doesn't use an EC region. It is not a requirement of the ACPI spec.
so i checked and double checked there is no embedded control in DSDT or SSDT's so does that mean all i have to do is add acpibatterymanger.kext and battery should work

so i checked and double checked there is no embedded control in DSDT or SSDT's so does that mean all i have to do is add acpibatterymanger.kext and battery should work

Why don't you test it? I cannot predict the future.

Problem Reporting for Lenovo Thinkpad P50. Battery icon shows charging or discharged, but percentage stays 0%.

Attachments

• Battery Problem Report.zip
    4 MB · Views: 105
Hi Rehabman,

I have been trying to patch dsdt for Lenovo Z560 battery by using your repo but without success. Did look at the guide but it is beyond my comprehension. I hope you could be able to recode it, very much appreciated. attached is my files as per your report problems protocol. I have trimmed my best the EFI contents but still a big file probably I have duo boot systems with Win10
I installed El Capitan 10.11.6 (downloaded directly from Apple) on Lenovo Z560 (specs see signature), USB bootable by Unibeast.
What works:
Smooth installation using Clover boot loader
Graphic: full function natively with Nvidia Graphic flag=1
Audio: removed vanilla AppleHDA.kext then install voodooHDA.kext (from Multibeast install audio options) legacyconnexant.kext. full HDMI and analog audios
Trackpad and keyboard: VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Backlight: ACPIBacklight.kext
What not works:
Ethernet: RTL8013E using all kexts available but only on/off connections with RealtekRTL8100.kext
Wifi: natively no chance so I used Netgear WNA3100M which is virtually a realtek RTL8192CU.kext
Battery: tried numerous similar config Z560s but those were for earlier OS,

Thank you for your assistance

File reuploaded to include clover/origin oem aml contents

Attachments

• HoaiNhan_dsdt_reporting_battery.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

I have been trying to patch dsdt for Lenovo Z560 battery by using your repo but without success. Did look at the guide but it is beyond my comprehension. I hope you could be able to recode it, very much appreciated. attached is my files as per your report problems protocol. I have trimmed my best the EFI contents but still a big file probably I have duo boot systems with Win10
I installed El Capitan 10.11.6 (downloaded directly from Apple) on Lenovo Z560 (specs see signature), USB bootable by Unibeast.
What works:
Smooth installation using Clover boot loader
Graphic: full function natively with Nvidia Graphic flag=1
Audio: removed vanilla AppleHDA.kext then install voodooHDA.kext (from Multibeast install audio options) legacyconnexant.kext. full HDMI and analog audios
Trackpad and keyboard: VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Backlight: ACPIBacklight.kext
What not works:
Ethernet: RTL8013E using all kexts available but only on/off connections with RealtekRTL8100.kext
Wifi: natively no chance so I used Netgear WNA3100M which is virtually a realtek RTL8192CU.kext
Battery: tried numerous similar config Z560s but those were for earlier OS,

Thank you for your assistance

Make sure you walk though the guide with the example before attempting your own.

The entire reason for writing the guide is because I'm not doing any more patches unless I need one myself.

Back