Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Sorry, my mistake.
I didn't get your reply correct (it's late here!), but tried again and works great!
Thanks!

I'm down to just 2 errors now!

Here's my (pre patch) DSDT and patches so far in case you wanted a look.

Cheers!

I just did it here and it worked just fine. Note that the extra backslashes are on the replacement string.

Note that your patch also depends on B1B2.

If you need help, post the actual file you're working with and the actual patches you're applying.

Attachments

• Battery Patch so far.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 93
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    9 KB · Views: 80
Fantastic!
Fixed my last 2 errors, swapped my DSDT back into my EFI and rebooted and now battery indicator seems to be working great!

Many thanks for this!
Very impressed and feel I've learnt a bunch too!

Will see how it goes properly over the next few days but the only oddity so far is coconut battery seems to think my battery temp is 200 degrees below zero - should be good for keep the beer chilled when summer eventually returns! :D

Here's the final patch file in case.

View attachment Battery Patch final.txt

Cheers!

Fantastic!
Fixed my last 2 errors, swapped my DSDT back into my EFI and rebooted and now battery indicator seems to be working great!

Many thanks for this!
Very impressed and feel I've learnt a bunch too!

Will see how it goes properly over the next few days but the only oddity so far is coconut battery seems to think my battery temp is 200 degrees below zero - should be good for keep the beer chilled when summer eventually returns! :D

Here's the final patch file in case.

View attachment 180211

Cheers!

Battery temp is not supported (by ACPI). The default is probably 0 kelvin. You can patch for temperature if you can figure out where it is stored in the EC (a bit of guessing and/or reverse engineering).

For what computer is the patch for?

Test "HP G6 2221ss" and report back.

Tested. It works too.
What's the difference anyway? I looked at them at glance they seem similar.

Test "HP G6 2221ss" and report back.

Wait, it doesn't display remaining time correctly. It always shows "20:00 remaining"

Okay, here's the thing, the computer is a Sony Vaio SZ1XP which had a 32 bit processor and was stuck on 10.6.7 but someone on here suggested swapping in a 64 bit cpu and it might be able to use Lion or even further.
So it is a very specific spec that it is unlikely many people will have but just in case it might be worth adding?
I was still using Chameleon with the 32bit cpu and 10.6.7 - I only started really messing with Clover through necessity with 10.7.5.

Really happy I did though :D

The only remaining issue with this build is a problem with KPs if I try and add the maximum RAM but that is obviously off topic so I'll start another thread for that.

Many thanks for your help, patience and ingenuity, Rehabman!
You rock! :headbang:

Battery temp is not supported (by ACPI). The default is probably 0 kelvin. You can patch for temperature if you can figure out where it is stored in the EC (a bit of guessing and/or reverse engineering).

For what computer is the patch for?

Wait, it doesn't display remaining time correctly. It always shows "20:00 remaining"

The G2 2221ss has less hacks in it than does the HP 3165.

The 2221ss should be used if it works over the 3165.

But let's check (that ACPI was patched correctly) first:

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Okay, here's the thing, the computer is a Sony Vaio SZ1XP which had a 32 bit processor and was stuck on 10.6.7 but someone on here suggested swapping in a 64 bit cpu and it might be able to use Lion or even further.
So it is a very specific spec that it is unlikely many people will have but just in case it might be worth adding?
I was still using Chameleon with the 32bit cpu and 10.6.7 - I only started really messing with Clover through necessity with 10.7.5.

I'll go a ahead and add it... You never know the other computers it might work with.

The only remaining issue with this build is a problem with KPs if I try and add the maximum RAM but that is obviously off topic so I'll start another thread for that.

Keep in mind you must re-extract/re-patch ACPI when making hardware changes like that...

The G2 2221ss has less hacks in it than does the HP 3165.

The 2221ss should be used if it works over the 3165.

But let's check (that ACPI was patched correctly) first:

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I see. Here are all the files. Also, using G2 2221ss seems to make the battery percentage stuck at a certain number.

Attachments

• caq42-batt.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
I see. Here are all the files. Also, using G2 2221ss seems to make the battery percentage stuck at a certain number.

I just wanted to be sure that the DSDT you were using was patched for _OSI("Darwin").

The UPBS method in the stock DSDT definitely seems overly complex...

Added comment to "HP-DV6-3165sf.txt"

Back