Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Thanks for the guide Rehabman, though I am coming across one interesting issue. Inside of my "DSDT.dsl," when I look at the "EmbeddedControl" method:
Code:
OperationRegion (ECOR, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)            Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
            {
                Offset (0x04), 
                Offset (0x05), 
                CDTD,   8, 
                Offset (0x8A), 
                HKEN,   1
            }
It shows no variables being sent containing a size greater than 8 bytes. I'm thinking that maybe it's having trouble because the "CDTD" and "HKEN" variables are being read together as 9 bytes. I can assure you that there are no mutex objects that come into play here, and I've tried looking into the "OS fix" that you were talking about in your guide, but I'm kind of lost on whether or not that's necessary.

Sorry if I'm asking a repeat question, and I've also looked over the guide several times to see if I'm missing something obvious. I'll try looking around for other solutions, and even looking into the ACPI kext to see how it works in the mean time. I've also zipped the DSDT in question, and all SSDTs just in case you need them.

Thank you for your consideration, Rameenh

Attachments

• extract.zip
    129.7 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the guide Rehabman, though I am coming across one interesting issue. Inside of my "DSDT.dsl," when I look at the "EmbeddedControl" method:
Code:
OperationRegion (ECOR, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)            Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
            {
                Offset (0x04), 
                Offset (0x05), 
                CDTD,   8, 
                Offset (0x8A), 
                HKEN,   1
            }

Then you don't need to worry about patching EC registers.

Then you don't need to worry about patching EC registers.

That's nice, but I still unfortunately cannot get the battery meter to work. I've tried looking around to see other solutions, but the only other solutions I could find are ones involving the usage of other kexts (none seem to work, I've removed all of them to avoid other issues).

Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks, Rameenh

That's nice, but I still unfortunately cannot get the battery meter to work. I've tried looking around to see other solutions, but the only other solutions I could find are ones involving the usage of other kexts (none seem to work, I've removed all of them to avoid other issues).

Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks, Rameenh

Did you install ACPIBatteryManager.kext as detailed in post #1?

Did you patch ACPI per guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Ha! Sorry, it looks like I forgot to check the box that lets my kext installer repair permissions!

Note to everyone: Make sure your kexts permissions are fixed in S/L/E XD!

But it works fine now, thanks for the guide anyways.

Ha! Sorry, it looks like I forgot to check the box that lets my kext installer repair permissions!

Note to everyone: Make sure your kexts permissions are fixed in S/L/E XD!

But it works fine now, thanks for the guide anyways.

Kext Wizard will install with correct permissions... so does 'cp'.

For example:
Code:
sudo cp -R ACPIBatteryManager.kext /System/Library/Extensions

Yep I sure did make an error. I started over with a fresh new DSDT and fixed all errors, then I tried my patch again and it worked. I had the mutex objects patch and OS fix patch installed and I didn't need them. My bad. :oops: Anyway here is the patch for a Dell Inspiron 17 N7010. Its for the laptops with intel HD graphics only.

Attachments

• Dell Inspiron N7010 Battery Status patch.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 71
Yep I sure did make an error. I started over with a fresh new DSDT and fixed all errors, then I tried my patch again and it worked. I had the mutex objects patch and OS fix patch installed and I didn't need them. My bad. :oops: Anyway here is the patch for a Dell Inspiron 17 N7010. Its for the laptops with intel HD graphics only.

There are already existing patches for this in the repo...

Which patch would it be? Because I couldn't find one anywhere. All I could find was the Dell Inspiron 15 and 13 patches. If I made a patch and I didn't have to then I'm gunna be annoyed at myself lol.

Which patch would it be? Because I couldn't find one anywhere. All I could find was the Dell Inspiron 15 and 14 patches. If I made a patch and I didn't have to then I'm gunna be annoyed at myself lol.

There are a couple of different Dell patches that appear to be identical to the one you created.

Look at them carefully and you'll see...

Back