Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hi, I currently own a Toshiba E45-B4200, Intel Core I5 4200U with 6GB of ram running Mac OSX 10.10.5. I've got everything working except for the battery percentage. While it is functional, as soon as it gets to 100% (when using AC) the lightning symbol disappears and changes its text to say Power Source:battery. This doesn't let me use my power saver features. :( Do you have any idea why it does this?I am posting my IOreg and DSDT thank you!
View attachment 150440
View attachment 150441

Edit: I got it working! I just applied the Toshiba Satellite patch that was in the Laptop Patches and then applied a code for the Asus Laptops having the same problem! :headbang:

Which toshiba patch are you using?

Also could be a problem with _STA. Looks like it returns 0xB, which means "battery not installed". Should be 0x1F (or 0x1B).

After some trial and error investigation I was able to conclude that one or more of these patches causes my batter indicator to go defunct (i.e. if I remove them, it works):

Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 (RehabMan)
HPET Fix (RehabMan)
SMBUS Fix (RehabMan)
RTC Fix (RehabMan)
Fix PNOT/PPNT (RehabMan)
Add IMEI (RehabMan)
7-series/8-series USB (RehabMan)
Rename GFX0 to IGPU (RehabMan)

Any ideas? I tried with only
Rename GFX0 to IGPU, because it matters for power management, and that one alone broke it. So I suspect it is related to that patch.

Can you patch my DSDT for my latitude e6230. I'm really confuse try to patch myself.

thanks

Attachments

• DSDT_patch.aml
    41.4 KB · Views: 79
After some trial and error investigation I was able to conclude that one or more of these patches causes my batter indicator to go defunct (i.e. if I remove them, it works):

Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 (RehabMan)
HPET Fix (RehabMan)
SMBUS Fix (RehabMan)
RTC Fix (RehabMan)
Fix PNOT/PPNT (RehabMan)
Add IMEI (RehabMan)
7-series/8-series USB (RehabMan)
Rename GFX0 to IGPU (RehabMan)

Any ideas? I tried with only
Rename GFX0 to IGPU, because it matters for power management, and that one alone broke it. So I suspect it is related to that patch.

Not related to battery. Use ACPIDebug to determine what is going in inside _STA.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 10.26.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 10.26.18 PM.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 120
Still no Luck

Luck is not a factor.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Sorry For late post.... All You need,

There's 2 Extract when I'm using patch DSDT and No. Thank

Luck is not a factor.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    518.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Ioreg.zip
    785.7 KB · Views: 70
Sorry For late post.... All You need,

There's 2 Extract when I'm using patch DSDT and No. Thank

Multiple battery objects, BAT0, BAT1, BAT2... none working. All returning 0 from _STA.

Which is very strange... for example BAT0._STA as defined:
Code:
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                Store (ECG5 (), Local0)
                And (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                If (Local0)
                {
                    Return (0x1F)
                }

Return (0x0F)
            }

Two possible return values ... 0x1F or 0x0F. Never 0.

Probably _STA is aborting for some reason. You'll need to use ACPIDebug to debug it.

on Windows detect 2 Batteries. Latitude has docking port.

How to use ACPIdebug ?

Multiple battery objects, BAT0, BAT1, BAT2... none working. All returning 0 from _STA.

Which is very strange... for example BAT0._STA as defined:
Code:
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                Store (ECG5 (), Local0)
                And (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                If (Local0)
                {
                    Return (0x1F)
                }

Return (0x0F)
            }

Two possible return values ... 0x1F or 0x0F. Never 0.

Probably _STA is aborting for some reason. You'll need to use ACPIDebug to debug it.

Back