Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Rosendo,
Is your battery working? Show a screenshot :)
I made it without auto-patches, just replaced code manually.
I left comments for you in the file.

it's working!!!!
Captura de pantalla 2014-06-16 a la(s) 11.42.40.jpg

Please tell me how did you do it?

i read it and for starters i see that my code for replacing was wrong or incomplete
i was correct identifying those entries that needed work but didn't know how to do it
i'l try to analyze it and i cannot promise it but if possible for me i'll make a patch for this notebook model so it will be available.

thank you so much and i'm still interested in learning about this so i will be bothering Rehabman with my silly questions

Bye

it's working!!!!
View attachment 96176

Please tell me how did you do it?

i read it and for starters i see that my code for replacing was wrong or incomplete
i was correct identifying those entries that needed work but didn't know how to do it
i'l try to analyze it and i cannot promise it but if possible for me i'll make a patch for this notebook model so it will be available.

thank you so much and i'm still interested in learning about this so i will be bothering Rehabman with my silly questions

Bye

You will eventually want an automatic patch because any time you change hardware, upgrade BIOS, and even sometimes change BIOS options, you need to re-patch DSDT.

News

when the battery status indicator reached 100% i unplugged ac adaptor and after few minutes turned red and showed message that Mac will enter in repose because the charge is low and it shows me 100% but remaining time 0:03

and now?

News

when the battery status indicator reached 100% i unplugged ac adaptor and after few minutes turned red and showed message that Mac will enter in repose because the charge is low and it shows me 100% but remaining time 0:03

and now?

I think you should learn to properly patch your DSDT using my guide in post #1 as opposed to relying on someone doing it for you.

And no idea without more information: ioreg and messages from system.log from debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

I think you should learn to properly patch your DSDT using my guide in post #1 as opposed to relying on someone doing it for you.

And no idea without more information: ioreg and messages from system.log from debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

how does debug version work?
i have to patch dsdt and install debug version kext? and then? how can i obtain the log?

NOTE: besides the battery status indicates remaining 0:03 all the time, and red colored on the other hand the percentage seems to be working fine and when i plug ac also works charging status

also my audio href solution and applehda stopped working

i'm clueless

Dear RehabMan,

Thank you for all your guides and kexts!!.. Manage to bring up all necessary functions in my t430u with 10.9.3 mavericks except this battery status.. I've install ACPIBatteryManager.kext (v. 2014-0207) with no lucks so probably need patch.

Im not familiar with regex, so I'm stuck at patching method which access the register. It didn't make any changes inside the dsdt.
I've attach my current work so far and original dsdt.

Really appreciate if you could shed some light.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    57.5 KB · Views: 101
  • t430u_battery_patch.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 113

Dear RehabMan,

Thank you for all your guides and kexts!!.. Manage to bring up all necessary functions in my t430u with 10.9.3 mavericks except this battery status.. I've install ACPIBatteryManager.kext (v. 2014-0207) with no lucks so probably need patch.

Im not familiar with regex, so I'm stuck at patching method which access the register. It didn't make any changes inside the dsdt.
I've attach my current work so far and original dsdt.

Really appreciate if you could shed some light.

Thank you in advance.

Work through the example in post #1. Then work through your own. There may be a patch applicable already in the repo. You should look.

how does debug version work?
i have to patch dsdt and install debug version kext? and then? how can i obtain the log?

NOTE: besides the battery status indicates remaining 0:03 all the time, and red colored on the other hand the percentage seems to be working fine and when i plug ac also works charging status

system.log can be viewed from Console.app.
There is both a Release and Debug kext provided in the ZIP.

ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

also my audio href solution and applehda stopped working

Off-topic. Open a separate thread for audio issues.

Work through the example in post #1. Then work through your own. There may be a patch applicable already in the repo. You should look.

Hi RehabMan,

Following your first post and going through all the post inside this topic, I manage to complete the patch (inside the attachment).
But still I can't get any reading from the Battery Status (0%)..
Can you help me please? Any other info you required please just let me know.

Yes, I noticed one patch from your repo (Lenovo X220) which is quite similar to mine but not exactly the same. So I decided to start from the scratch.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Just for additional information, FYI I'm booting from MBR using Chameleon v2.2svn r2378.. I've included my IOreg, Chameleon Boot setting, & smbios.plist for your convenient. Thanks..

Update: Applied the nonzero mutex fix and AC Adapter fix but still no luck :(
I've attach latest ioreg & DSDT after applying these patch too (after_fix_nonzero_mutex.zip)..

Attachments

• t430u_battery_patch_final.txt
    4 KB · Views: 102
  • t430u.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    983 bytes · Views: 232
  • smbios.plist
    699 bytes · Views: 206
  • after_fix_nonzero_mutex.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 62

i think i should use debug version

here's what's happening now

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-18 a la(s) 10.45.23.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2014-06-18 a la(s) 10.45.28.jpg

look that battery health app shows all parameters ok but battery status indicator is colored red and shows remaining time 0:03 and tells me that mac will power off if i don't charge my battery

here is my dsdt.asl
View attachment DSDT.ZIP
rename to .dsl before opening

i had to start all over as i lost audio with past mods for battery
in this moment i'm with all system stuff ok but with this battery status issue

add ioreg copy
View attachment MacBook Pro de Rosendo.ioreg
and
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist
View attachment SMBios.plist

add this screenshot of battery information
Captura de pantalla 2014-06-18 a la(s) 11.46.29.png