Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

can't find it in Laptop-dsdt-patch-master

It will be obvious after you add the repo to MaciASL->Preferences->Sources. Read the guide and related READMEs carefully.

Hi, RehabMan. Here is the patch for Lenovo IdeaPad 510s.
If you don't mind, leave my name to anon like what I did in the txt please. I prefer not to credit myself.
Thanks~

Attachments

• DSDT-ori.aml
    85.1 KB · Views: 137
  • battery_lenovo-ideapad-510s.txt
    4 KB · Views: 225
Hi, RehabMan. Here is the patch for Lenovo IdeaPad 510s.
If you don't mind, leave my name to anon like what I did in the txt please. I prefer not to credit myself.
Thanks~

This patch is incomplete.
The patch for "Lenovo y580" is complete. Please test.

This patch is incomplete.
The patch for "Lenovo y580" is complete. Please test.

Hmm the funny thing is it works for me. That's why I posted that post.
What happens when it's incomplete?
Edit: I checked again, why 'ENIB' need to be patched? I can see for 'ERIB' but why also 'ENIB'. Don't you in #1 you said "If we search the DSDT for 'BMN0' we find only this declaration, so it is not accessed. We can ignore this one."?

Last edited:
Hmm the funny thing is it works for me. That's why I posted that post.
What happens when it's incomplete?

The code that accesses ERIB was either not reached in your test, or is not related to battery.
Still, no reason to include yet another duplicate patch, especially when the existing patch is more complete.

Edit: I checked again, why 'ENIB' need to be patched? I can see for 'ERIB' but why also 'ENIB'. Don't you in #1 you said "If we search the DSDT for 'BMN0' we find only this declaration, so it is not accessed. We can ignore this one."?

ENIB, technically, does not need patching as it is not accessed.
It doesn't hurt though.
For some, patching the field is a helpful way to insure that a future DSDT that comes along doesn't access it...

Back