DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Note that SSDT-3 does not exist (it is SSDT-6 in this latest set). Also note that SSDT-6 does not have the GFX0->IGPU rename.

The mistakes you've made patching ACPI are major enough to cause the problem I mentioned regarding _STA.

Correcting now it seems I did not patch SSDT-5 will upload a revision in a few minutes. In regards to _STA I am not sure I understand what you mean in regards to "mistakes" all SSDT's compiled correctly as well as DSDT.

Are there several "mistakes" or simply the one of not including SSDT-5?

Not including SSDT-5.aml and having unbalanced renames.

Corrected SSDT-6 unbalanced renames. Also added SSDT-5 to patched folder. Battery seems to be online now. But at full charge it only allows for 1 hour of use on battery power? That seems unusual as it last much longer in Windows 10. Any thoughts?

I appreciate all your help and the time you have taken to reply RehabMan.

I attached the latest revision of the files.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 97
Corrected SSDT-6 unbalanced renames. Also added SSDT-5 to patched folder. Battery seems to be online now. But at full charge it only allows for 1 hour of use on battery power? That seems unusual as it last much longer in Windows 10. Any thoughts?

Battery life will depend on what you're doing with the computer...

I notice you have brightness set very high (you have it at 79%), so the backlight alone will use a lot of power.

Also, you have not disabled Nvidia yet (or at least not correctly), which will also use extra power.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Understood. Going to work in disabling Nvidia now. Keeping notes on all of this to provide for other Aorus x3 plus v3 users.

The DSDT/SSDT patches look good I suspect? Thanks again for your help.

Understood. Going to work in disabling Nvidia now. Keeping notes on all of this to provide for other Aorus x3 plus v3 users.

The DSDT/SSDT patches look good I suspect? Thanks again for your help.

BTW, is the patch the same as the Gigibyte patch except for H_EC vs. EC?

Pretty much the call is EC for the Aorus x3 vs the Gigabyte P35. They are nearly identical in terms of hardware. Aorus is another of Gigabyte's brands.

Pretty much the call is EC for the Aorus x3 vs the Gigabyte P35. They are nearly identical in terms of hardware. Aorus is another of Gigabyte's brands.

Not only "pretty much" the same... but exactly the same...

That was my suspicion. The big problem was modification of the BIOS to allow for 128mb graphics. That was holding up the QHD+ display and graphics card.

Went ahead and added the discrete graphics off to SSDT-7 and DSDT. See attached. Should battery life remain the same? Still shows 1:17m at full charge. Seems a bit unusual, or should that improve over time?

Updated IOreg and SSDT7/DSDT to reflect the changes for the patched Nvidia off. See attached zip. Could it be I am using half of the battery capacity? The physical battery is split into two pieces. In windows average run time is 3:45+ browsing and coding. I cannot imaging OSX only lasting 1.2 hours.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Back