Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

... I don't know where to start :)

Work through the example in post #1 first. Then work through it with your own DSDT.

There may be an existing patch in the repo that will work already. You would have to try them.

Hi Rehabman!
I have patched my dsdt but my battery status is still not showing. It does not show in any energy saver settings and does not allow me to add battery percentage to the taskbar. Atached is my DSDT and ioreg file.(It's can be work on 10.10.2. now I use 10.10.5). Can you help me?
It's on
Device (EC0) in DSDT.

The ioreg is corrupt.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here is new ioreg. I find sometimes can showing, I dont't know why. when not showing. It's display 0% in Energy Saver preference pane.

Attachments

• DSDT&Ioreg.zip
    476.7 KB · Views: 65
Here is new ioreg. I find sometimes can showing, I dont't know why. when not showing. It's display 0% in Energy Saver preference pane.

This ioreg shows battery status working.

That's happened once showing, This is not showing ioreg.

Both show working battery status.

CycleCount is rather large due to a significantly degraded battery.

DesignCapacity is 0x1181, MaxCapacity=0x8fd. Battery is can provide only 51% of its original capacity.

Maybe that is what OS X has an issue with?

I have applied almost all Battery Patches from your Repository but no luck.

System is a HM65 Samsung i5 2. Gen. SandyBridge with a 2310M CPU and HD3000 and a GT520M.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    32.4 KB · Views: 90
I have applied almost all Battery Patches from your Repository but no luck.

System is a HM65 Samsung i5 2. Gen. SandyBridge with a 2310M CPU and HD3000 and a GT520M.

DSDT.aml is not native. Read post #1 and apply principles to your own (native) DSDT.

Here Native DSDT.dl from MacIasl

Attachments

• Pre-Edited DSDT.zip.zip
    23 KB · Views: 70
DSDT Patch for HP 250 G3

Hello,

Following the guide, I implemented a DSDT patch for my HP 250 G3.
It's working. Find it attached here.

Thanks rehabman.

Attachments

• battery_HP-250-G3.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 97
Back