Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hi all, and thanks for this thread

my contribution

installed yosemite 10.10.4 on Compaq CQ61-230SL

to fix battery i've used battery_HP-DV6-3165sf.txt

now battery icon is ok. Removed also different errors in dsdt. if needed just ask.

I added a comment into the file for "Compaq CQ61-230SL"...

@Rehabman :
Thank you for the help bro :)

ASUS G75VW patch is compatible with ASUS A46CB (i3 version). No need to change anything from the patch :D

You rock man!! :headbang:

Btw, this is my first post :)

Extra note : you must install voodoobattery.kext and acpibatterymanager.kext first before patching. :) [have no idea why I can't remove voodoobattery to make it work .-.]

@Rehabman :
Thank you for the help bro :)

ASUS G75VW patch is compatible with ASUS A46CB (i3 version). No need to change anything from the patch :D

You rock man!! :headbang:

Btw, this is my first post :)

Extra note : you must install voodoobattery.kext and acpibatterymanager.kext first before patching. :) [have no idea why I can't remove voodoobattery to make it work .-.]

You do not need VoodooBattery if you follow the guide.

Installing two battery kexts is wrong.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

@Rehabman

The Battery Patch for Lenovo Y570 works good with Lenovo Y550.

I have some questions about your kext.

1- It's normal the first time I switch between AC to Battery longs 1 minute to change icon?

2- After the first time I switch, it's normal the switch between AC to Battery longs 25 seconds to change icon?

3- When I've patched the DSDT 17 changes from 21 were applied. Do you think If I found a way apply the rest, your kext works better?

I'm attaching you my dsdt in case you want to check it.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    28.6 KB · Views: 85
@Rehabman

The Battery Patch for Lenovo Y570 works good with Lenovo Y550.

I have some questions about your kext.

1- It's normal the first time I switch between AC to Battery longs 1 minute to change icon?

2- After the first time I switch, it's normal the switch between AC to Battery longs 25 seconds to change icon?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

3- When I've patched the DSDT 17 changes from 21 were applied. Do you think If I found a way apply the rest, your kext works better?

No.

I'm attaching you my dsdt in case you want to check it.

Clover autopatched + manual patching is generally a bad idea.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
Back