Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

The latest version of CoconutBattery does not need that patch.

So, to make it easier for me first install ACPIBatteryManager.kext

2- install CoconutBattery

3- apply battery patches to the dsdt.

So, to make it easier for me first install ACPIBatteryManager.kext

2- install CoconutBattery

3- apply battery patches to the dsdt.

There is no need to install CoconutBattery... but that is your choice.

See post #1 regarding the patches required should your DSDT need them.

the patches were already done. but i'll reinstall Yosemite again tomorrow due to the CoconutBattery patches and i'll sent the patches to you to add it. thanks Rehabman and i'll try the results of my patches tomorrow.

the patches were already done. but i'll reinstall Yosemite again tomorrow due to the CoconutBattery patches and i'll sent the patches to you to add it. thanks Rehabman and i'll try the results of my patches tomorrow.

When you send the patches, make sure to also send the native DSDT so I can verify/review them.

When you send the patches, make sure to also send the native DSDT so I can verify/review them.

I just reinstall Yosemite again and done the following steps:

1- Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext using kext wizard.

2- Apply dsdt patch.

the result is the remaining time of the battery is correct but unfortunately the percentage is 0% and the battery indicator always at quarter.

I don't now if it is already an issue with me or all. by the way i already attached the original dsdt and the patched one + the patches on a text file.

*By the way i didn't apply fix mutex with non-zero synclevel. Do you think this will solve the indicator and the 0 percentage issues?

Edit 2: already apply fix mutex with non-zero sync level but still the reading if the battery is correct except 0 percentage and indicator.

Attachments

• Battery batch.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSDT.zip
    138 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I just reinstall Yosemite again and done the following steps:

1- Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext using kext wizard.

2- Apply dsdt patch.

the result is the remaining time of the battery is correct but unfortunately the percentage is 0% and the battery indicator always at quarter.

I don't now if it is already an issue with me or all. by the way i already attached the original dsdt and the patched one + the patches on a text file.

*By the way i didn't apply fix mutex with non-zero synclevel. Do you think this will solve the indicator and the 0 percentage issues?

Edit 2: already apply fix mutex with non-zero sync level but still the reading if the battery is correct except 0 percentage and indicator.

Did you patch DSDT per guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

yes and original files extracted using ubuntu live cd

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Thanks RehabMan. all the requested files are attached.

Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f822d0000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$

Attachments

• Saud’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • RehabMan.zip
    44.1 KB · Views: 53
Thanks RehabMan. all the requested files are attached.

Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f822d0000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Sauds-MacBook-Air:~ saudabuhaimed$

The DSDT is not correctly patched. I didn't check everything, but just for example, BFCB is (still) 16-bit and is accessed in _BIF.

Back