Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Battery already work now, thanks.
I have new problem, calculate time remaining still 00:00, how to fix it ?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post native DSDT.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabManmkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMancd ~/Downloads/RehabManpatchmatic -extract
Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplatkextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Also, post native DSDT.
Code:
Input:kextstat|grep -y acpiplatOutput:13    2 0xffffff7f81f2e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (9.9)
Code:
input:kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpuoutput:no output
I attach ioreg and dsdt-ssdt

Code:
Input:kextstat|grep -y acpiplatOutput:13    2 0xffffff7f81f2e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (9.9)
Code:
input:kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpuoutput:no output
I attach ioreg and dsdt-ssdt

Nothing is attached.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext version is wrong. Restore the vanilla kext.

Nothing is attached.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext version is wrong. Restore the vanilla kext.
I dont know how find vannila kext, reupload

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    354.2 KB · Views: 55
Hey guys !

What a huge work for patching dsdt to get battery working !!!

For my case, I'm under Yosemite but without using DSDT. And, voodoobattery that worked for me perfectly since snow leopard doesn't work any more under Yosemite.

I tried rehabman's AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext and lots of versions of voodoobattery without success.

Could you please guide me to a solution to get battery under Yosemite (without using DSDT, because DSDT still a real headache for me!)

Great thanks in advance,
Wonderfull forum
Loyd

Hey guys !

What a huge work for patching dsdt to get battery working !!!

For my case, I'm under Yosemite but without using DSDT. And, voodoobattery that worked for me perfectly since snow leopard doesn't work any more under Yosemite.

I tried rehabman's AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext and lots of versions of voodoobattery without success.

Could you please guide me to a solution to get battery under Yosemite (without using DSDT, because DSDT still a real headache for me!)

Great thanks in advance,
Wonderfull forum
Loyd

Read post #1.

Great thanks ! for your clarification RehabMan !

Background

Although it is possible to use an older version of AppleACPIPlatform (from Snow Leopard), it is desirable to use the latest version of AppleACPIPlatform because with computers that have Ivy Bridge CPUs it enables native power management for those computers.

So I've a question : My PC Asus x71Vn doesn't have Ivy Bridge CPUs, can I use AppleACPIPlatform from Snow leopard or may be Mavericks ? since voodoobattery worked correctly under Mavericks.

Thanks for your time.

Great thanks ! for your clarification RehabMan !

So I've a question : My PC Asus x71Vn doesn't have Ivy Bridge CPUs, can I use AppleACPIPlatform from Snow leopard or may be Mavericks ? since voodoobattery worked correctly under Mavericks.

Thanks for your time.

You can try, but it is likely other things will break.

Thanks for your fast answer !!!!
I'll try and come back for news !

Back