Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to hide unwanted volumes on Clover boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you boot Windows from UEFI or Legacy?
If you boot from UEFI simply disable scan legacy
Code:
<dict>
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Scan</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Linux</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Tool</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
If you boot Windows from Legacy you can create a custom legacy entry.

View attachment 349256

Thanks. That worked.
Didn't work with 'string = false' but did a Boolean=NO which worked.

Thanks for that.

@redmill ,

thanks for this method, it is way more simpler than how I achieve it in the past (which was obtaining all the UUIDs and messing with Clover Configurator )

Who knew a quick edit on my config.plist would clean up my Clover Boot screen like this.. :thumbup:

Is it possible to change this With the Multibeast unibeast Version over Cloverconfigurator or how ever ?

If you're going to use the Clover Configurator app to mount the EFI partition, then just use the Clover Configurator app to enter the entries into the config.plist. No reason at all to use PlistEdit Pro when it's easier just using Clover Configurator.

After mounting EFI with Clover Configurator, open the config.plist file with Clover Configurator.
After the config.plist loads in CC, click on the GUI section from the left hand tree.
In that GUI section under "Scan" click the "Custom" button and put a check box in "Entries", "Tool" and leave "Legacy", "Kernel" and "Linux" unchecked. (Unless you have a Legacy or Linux drive that you need to show up in Clover.)
In the "Hide Volume" section of GUI, click the + on the lower right corner and type \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI then press enter.
Click the + again and type RECOVERY then press enter.
Click the + again and type PREBOOT then press enter.
Click the + again and type WINDOWS then press enter.
Then go to "File" on the menu bar and select Save.
Close CC, unmount the EFI partition by dragging it to the Trash and restart your computer.
BOOM!!! You're done.
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 4.15.53 PM.png

If you're going to use the Clover Configurator app to mount the EFI partition, then just use the Clover Configurator app to enter the entries into the config.plist. No reason at all to use PlistEdit Pro when it's easier just using Clover Configurator.

After mounting EFI with Clover Configurator, open the config.plist file with Clover Configurator.
After the config.plist loads in CC, click on the GUI section from the left hand tree.
In that GUI section under "Scan" click the "Custom" button and put a check box in "Entries", "Tool" and leave "Legacy", "Kernel" and "Linux" unchecked. (Unless you have a Legacy or Linux drive that you need to show up in Clover.)
In the "Hide Volume" section of GUI, click the + on the lower right corner and type \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI then press enter.
Click the + again and type RECOVERY then press enter.
Click the + again and type PREBOOT then press enter.
Click the + again and type WINDOWS then press enter.
Then go to "File" on the menu bar and select Save.
Close CC, unmount the EFI partition by dragging it to the Trash and restart your computer.
BOOM!!! You're done.View attachment 357756
Thanks for the super easy method. It saved my day. I'm using dual boot (Mac and Windows). Still, there were 2 additional volumes in my clover boot screen after following your all steps. Those were "Boot Windows from Legacy HD 2" and "Boot Windows from Legacy HD 4". So I've added those 2 volumes too in the "hide volume" section of Clover Configurator > Gui. And it worked perfectly great.

Some people posted the same issue in the previous comments. Hope this additional tweak will help them. Cheers!

Screenshot:
Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 4.26.44 PM.png

Ive removed "preboot" and "recovery" successfully but i also have "Boot windows from EFI" and "boot windows from". would you know how to remove these? all i need is "Boot Microsoft from EFI" and "Boot Mac OS from MACINTOSH"

tapeboxparts , have you found the solution?

I would like to know as well

Any other suggestion how to hide "Boot from Windows Legacy HD3" and "Boot from Windows Legacy HD4"?
Tried the above suggestions - still show up.

You guys can follow the method from below link. Hope it will solve the issue. Good luck!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-clover-boot-menu.246532/page-2#post-1854186

Last edited:
You guys can follow the method from below link. Hope it will solve the issue. Good luck!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-clover-boot-menu.246532/page-2#post-1854186

I did this and it did as advertised.

However, I still cannot auto boot mac OS or skip clover screen and I still have the shitty yellow with black lines icon. Grr. Is there away to find and delete those volumes and maybe correct clovers path. Clearly it can't find what Im telling it to look for.

Thanks for the super easy method. It saved my day. I'm using dual boot (Mac and Windows). Still, there were 2 additional volumes in my Clover boot screen after following your all steps. Those were "Boot Windows from Legacy HD 2" and "Boot Windows from Legacy HD 4". So I've added those 2 volumes too in the "hide volume" section of Clover Configurator > Gui. And it worked perfectly great.

Some people posted the same issue in the previous comments. Hope this additional tweak will help them. Cheers!

Screenshot:
View attachment 365961

Or you could've just check the "Legacy" check box under the "Scan" section of "GUI" in Clover Configurator.
That would've saved you having to type the names of those Legacy volumes in the "Hide Volume" section.
But either way works. It's nice to know there's usually more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to add the UUID for a couple of entries for the partition on my Windows drive and add "Boot Windows from EFI".
This Here - Well Done!!!:thumbup:

(see prabs99's post a few posts before this one for his attached screenshot of the Hide Volume list found on the Gui page of clover onfugurator)

extra info:
1) You can see the UUID and cut and past them from Clover Configurator Volume list on the Mount EFI page.
2) You can type the Volumes to hide in Clover Configurator for your currently loaded up config.plist you are configuring on the Gui page by entering the entries on the Hide Volume panel (use +/- buttons to add a slot that you can double click to get a text field to paste or type the volume or UUID

Turns out that the GUI-solution is quite simple as stated above. I did:

1. Open the EFI partition with EFI Mounter v3
2. Open EFI>CLOVER>config.plist with Clover Configurator.
3. In Clover Configurator's GUI section: uncheck "Legacy" and add "Preboot" and "Recovery" to "Hide Volume".
4. Save config.plist

!!! Don't do what I did wrong first: edit config.plist in Clover Configurator and save. Those edits are undone by Clover Configurator !!!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-08-04 om 08.26.48.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-08-04 om 08.26.48.png
    711.7 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back