Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your SSDT is wrong. You have a full ACPI path (no components missing), no need to declare the Device at PXSX as it is already there.

And your config.plist is missing the _DSM->XDSM patch.
That was it! The disk utility now sees my internal drive.

Thank you!

I see. Here please take a look at my set

Your attachment is too large.
EFI not requested.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully and attach only EFI/Clover, without 'themes'.

Your attachment is too large.
EFI not requested.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully and attach only EFI/Clover, without 'themes'.

Right! Sorry

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 75
Right! Sorry

There are no HackrNVMePatches in your config.plist.
Keep in mind selecting a plist from within the Clover GUI does not work correctly, so don't rely on that (always use only config.plist).

Suggest you add each HackrNVMeFamily patch in your config.plist, disable them all, then try each by enabling it from within Clover.

Try booting without caches (-f kernel flag).
Remove HackrNVMeFamily that may be in /L/E or /S/L/E from the installer (Terminal).

How do I use -f kernel flag to boot without caches? I don't see it as a boot option?

So, you're saying remove the non spoofed HackrNVMeFamily.kext from my NVMe drive using terminal which can be accesses from my USB installer correct? If so, how would I do that using terminal?

How do I use -f kernel flag to boot without caches? I don't see it as a boot option?

You can add arbitrary boot arguments in Clover options.

So, you're saying remove the non spoofed HackrNVMeFamily.kext from my NVMe drive using terminal which can be accesses from my USB installer correct? If so, how would I do that using terminal?

Yes.

You need some knowledge of Terminal, but it is relatively simple:
Code:
# to help remind yourself what you named your system volume
ls -l /Volumes
# then remove it...
# if installed to /S/L/E
rm -rf /Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-system-volume/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily*.kext
# if installed to /L/E
rm -rf /Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-system-volume/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily*.kext

Last edited:
You need some knowledge of Terminal, but it is relatively simple:

Ok perfect. Thank you so much!

When I put 'rm -f /Volumes/NVME/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily*.kext' into terminal (NVME is the name of my drive) it says "rm: /Volumes/NVME/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext is a directory"

Does that mean I did the right thing?

So sorry for all the questions!

Ok perfect. Thank you so much!

When I put 'rm -f /Volumes/NVME/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily*.kext' into terminal (NVME is the name of my drive) it says "rm: /Volumes/NVME/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext is a directory"

Does that mean I did the right thing?

So sorry for all the questions!

'rm -rf ..'

Nevermind! some simple googling and I found out that that command can't remove directories. I used
'rm -iR /Volumes/NVME/System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext' and I went through and removed the whole directory.

Now I just need to inject the spoofed one right?

Then you can inject from EFI/Clover/kexts (booting from USB)

Am I doing the same thing here? Using terminal to inject the spoofed kext from my USB onto my NVMe drive?

What terminal commands would I use?

Now I just need to inject the spoofed one right?

Am I doing the same thing here? Using terminal to inject the spoofed kext from my USB onto my NVMe drive?

What terminal commands would I use?

Kext injection is done by Clover by having the kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back