Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
KextsToPatch entries require Name for the patcher to know which kext it is supposed to be patching.
You didn't provide one.
Correct Name=HackrNVMeFamily or com.apple.hack.HackrNVMeFamily.

I've fixed my configs. Still none of them makes my SSD visible...

Attachments

• config08.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 152
  • config02.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 126
  • config04.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 185
  • config01.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 95
  • SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml
    134 bytes · Views: 142
Have attached my updated Config.plist that includes _DSM to XDSM patch. Still same problem though. When trying to boot from this USB into my NVMe just over half way through it pops up the circle with the line though it.

Any thoughts?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Are you booting the installer or something else? If "something else", what kexts are installed there?

I've fixed my configs. Still none of them makes my SSD visible...

Need all "Problem Reporting" files to understand clearly what you're actually doing.

Are you booting the installer or something else? If "something else", what kexts are installed there?

I am trying to use the Clover from my MacOS Installer USB to boot into my NVMe drive that I have been using for the past few months. ( when gigabyte post screen appears I use F12 to choose the USB for booting and then when I get to clover I select my NVMe drive to boot into.) As per your suggestion in here

If you create a USB that implements the class-code spoof, you will avoid loading both HackrNVMeFamily and IONVMeFamily you have on your system volume.
You can inject the spoofed HackrNVMeFamily from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (don't forget to set config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=true).

(That thread is here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-kernal-panic-out-of-no-where.229945/)

But I still just get a circle with the line through it about half way through the boot process

I don't remember exactly what Kexts I have installed on the NVMe volume drive as I set this machine up about 2 months ago and its been working great since. Is there a way for me to access the EFI partition of the NVMe drive even though I can't boot into it? If so, I could figure out exactly what Kexts are installed.

I have attached the EFI/Clover from my USB, the picture from my original kernel panic, the spoofed HackrNVMeFamily.kext that I placed onto my USB, and also the SSDT_Nvme-PCC that I made and also placed on my USB. I have also attached a .zip file that contains all the kexts that are on the USB I am using, incase that helps.

What should be my next step?

Attachments

• HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext.zip
    91 KB · Views: 56
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Kexts.zip
    348.9 KB · Views: 103
  • SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml
    134 bytes · Views: 112
I am trying to use the Clover from my MacOS Installer USB to boot into my NVMe drive that I have been using for the past few months. ( when gigabyte post screen appears I use F12 to choose the USB for booting and then when I get to clover I select my NVMe drive to boot into.) As per your suggestion in here

You didn't answer my question.
What kexts are installed on that NVMe drive?

Did you try safe mode? Did you try boot without caches?
Why is your HackrNVMeFamily based on 10.12.4, but you're booting 10.12.6?
(I think the problem is you have the non-spoof HackrNVMeFamily in kernel cache, and kext injection can't override it)

What is the purpose of 'Kexts.zip' that you attached?
(it shows HackrNVMeFamily is wrongly copied)

(That thread is here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-kernal-panic-out-of-no-where.229945/)

But I still just get a circle with the line through it about half way through the boot process

I don't remember exactly what Kexts I have installed on the NVMe volume drive as I set this machine up about 2 months ago and its been working great since. Is there a way for me to access the EFI partition of the NVMe drive even though I can't boot into it? If so, I could figure out exactly what Kexts are installed.

You should be able to access it from the macOS installer (Terminal from there) booted from the EFI/Clover you attached.
(assuming _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX is the correct path).

Thank you as always RehabMan for your quick response! Once again I apologize that my knowledge isn't quite up to par yet.

What kexts are installed on that NVMe drive?

I don't know off the top of my head what Kexts are installed on the NVMe drive, with is why I am trying to figure out how to download the EFI/Clover from that drive so I can post it here for you to take a look at. You mentioned this...

You should be able to access it from the macOS installer (Terminal from there) booted from the EFI/Clover you attached.
(assuming _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX is the correct path).

I am still a little confused as to how I actually get that information (The EFI/Clover from my NVMe) downloaded so I can post it here. If I use my USB to boot into the MacOS installer and then get access to terminal how do I use that to get access to the EFI/Clover of my NVMe? And when I get into it, how to I download it to that USB so I can then post it here.

Did you try safe mode? Did you try boot without caches?
Why is your HackrNVMeFamily based on 10.12.4, but you're booting 10.12.6?

I did try booting in safe mode and I get the same circle with the line through it. I have not tried booting without caches, how would I do that?

I created the spoofed HackrNVMeFamily.kext on my other mac which is running on 10.12.4 using the terminal commands found on this guide in page one. I thought that would work since the NVMe drive for my hackintosh is also running 10.12.4. I was unaware that using my USB would be booting 10.12.6.

(I think the problem is you have the non-spoof HackrNVMeFamily in kernel cache, and kext injection can't override it)

Would booting without caches fix this? Or is there a way to replace the one in the Kernel Cache with the spoofed one?

I really can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help and guidance!

I don't know off the top of my head what Kexts are installed on the NVMe drive, with is why I am trying to figure out how to download the EFI/Clover from that drive so I can post it here for you to take a look at. You mentioned this...

I am still a little confused as to how I actually get that information (The EFI/Clover from my NVMe) downloaded so I can post it here. If I use my USB to boot into the MacOS installer and then get access to terminal how do I use that to get access to the EFI/Clover of my NVMe? And when I get into it, how to I download it to that USB so I can then post it here.

Clover from NVMe drive is not important.
You should be booting from Clover on USB.

Clover from NVMe drive is not important.
You should be booting from Clover on USB.

Ok gotcha! Is there a way for me to figure out what Kexts I have on the NVMe drive?

In your opinion what do you think my next step would be? Boot without caches?

Is there a way to fix this?

Ok gotcha! Is there a way for me to figure out what Kexts I have on the NVMe drive?

Not easily because they may be installed to /S/L/E or /L/E (you really should keep better notes).

In your opinion what do you think my next step would be? Boot without caches?

Try safe mode.
Try booting without caches (-f kernel flag).
Remove HackrNVMeFamily that may be in /L/E or /S/L/E from the installer (Terminal).

Is there a way to fix this?

Remove the installed non-spoof HackrNVMeFamily.
Then run the macOS 10.12.6 installer (from USB).
That will for sure clear it from kernel cache. Then you can inject from EFI/Clover/kexts (booting from USB).
After you successfully boot into your install, you can install spoofed HackrNVMeFamily, fix config.plist (_DSM->XDSM), copy HackrNVMeFamily to Clover/kexts/Other (for booting recovery or installer), copy SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml to ACPI/patched.

Need all "Problem Reporting" files to understand clearly what you're actually doing.

I see. Here please take a look at my set

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back