Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made 4 configs with different patches (see attachment). Is it correct?

This guide does not use config.plist/.../KextsToPatch.
Read post #1.

If you're referring to special patches required by various specific SSDs, not possible to read the images you attached.
If you have a question regarding your patches entered, you must attach your config.plist file itself.

Been trying to get my Hackintosh to boot for a few days now.

Originally I had a Kernel panic (attached Picture). RehabMan mentioned it could be related to not having that Class-code spoof for my HackrNVMEFamily.kext so I am trying to use a USB to install correct spoof and kext and use that to boot into my NVME so I can add the spoof and kext there.

When I try booting into NVMe from USB Clover the kernel panic goes away and about half way through the boot it just shows a circle with a line through it.

Thanks to this awesome community for help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext.zip
    91 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 96
  • SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml
    134 bytes · Views: 96
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 82
Been trying to get my Hackintosh to boot for a few days now.

Originally I had a Kernel panic (attached Picture). RehabMan mentioned it could be related to not having that Class-code spoof for my HackrNVMEFamily.kext so I am trying to use a USB to install correct spoof and kext and use that to boot into my NVME so I can add the spoof and kext there.

When I try booting into NVMe from USB Clover the kernel panic goes away and about half way through the boot it just shows a circle with a line through it.

Thanks to this awesome community for help!

Your SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml is likely ineffective due to existing _DSM method at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX.
Your config.plist is missing _DSM->XDSM patch.
Read post #1, "Existing _DSM methods".

@RehabMan - followed your excellent instructions and have had zero problem with a 960 Pro!!!

One question - if I ever had a problem where I needed to boot in 'safe mode', would I still be able to boot from my 960 using Sierra?

This guide does not use config.plist/.../KextsToPatch.
Read post #1.

If you're referring to special patches required by various specific SSDs, not possible to read the images you attached.
If you have a question regarding your patches entered, you must attach your config.plist file itself.

Here are my configs.

Attachments

• config08.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 239
  • config04.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 212
  • config02.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 130
  • config01.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 210
Hello,

I've followed the instructions in post #1 to the best of my knowledge. I'm able to boot into the installer but only my external USB drive is detected with Disk Utility. /EFI/CLOVER is attached, any advice would be great.

thanks in advance,
ldartez

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • dev_address.png
    dev_address.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 150
@RehabMan - followed your excellent instructions and have had zero problem with a 960 Pro!!!

One question - if I ever had a problem where I needed to boot in 'safe mode', would I still be able to boot from my 960 using Sierra?

Just like IONVMeFamily, HackrNVMeFamily is marked OSBundleRequired=Root, so safe mode works (as far as this kext).

Here are my configs.

KextsToPatch entries require Name for the patcher to know which kext it is supposed to be patching.
You didn't provide one.
Correct Name=HackrNVMeFamily or com.apple.hack.HackrNVMeFamily.

Hello,

I've followed the instructions in post #1 to the best of my knowledge. I'm able to boot into the installer but only my external USB drive is detected with Disk Utility. /EFI/CLOVER is attached, any advice would be great.

thanks in advance,
ldartez

Your SSDT is wrong. You have a full ACPI path (no components missing), no need to declare the Device at PXSX as it is already there.

And your config.plist is missing the _DSM->XDSM patch.

Your SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml is likely ineffective due to existing _DSM method at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX.
Your config.plist is missing _DSM->XDSM patch.
Read post #1, "Existing _DSM methods".

Have attached my updated Config.plist that includes _DSM to XDSM patch. Still same problem though. When trying to boot from this USB into my NVMe just over half way through it pops up the circle with the line though it.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back