Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX-s using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200)

The only change I made was to remove the patches for WiFi & Bluetooth since I installed an authentic Apple WiFi/BT card in my Brix.

Curious... Using some sort of adapter?

I had a problem with a drive crash and had to install a new drive. I decided to install a clean copy of ElCapitan 10.11.2. The USB Installer refused to boot, reporting a Memory Map issue with OsxAptioFixDrv. It still booted my El Capitan beta without issue. I finally found OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and it solved the problem. It installed and runs beautifully!

Need to be sure your version of OsxAptioFixDrv is up-to-date (eg. from current Clover).

But if OsxAptioFix2 works for you, that's fine too.

Right now, the only issue I'm having with the new install is getting Sleep to work at all. It doesn't even show it tried to sleep in the System.log.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". May be due to use of OsxAptioFix2...

Also, provide output of 'pmset -g assertions'.

Keep in mind the 15-20 second delay...

BTW: I also had to edit the Haswell list to include the i5-4570R to get ssdtPRGen.sh to work.

Not surprising. Common CPUs are there, but the rare ones, not...

Curious... Using some sort of adapter?

Yes. I'm using an adapter with a short ribbon to relocate the slot. The card sits between the RAM and the SSD card. I also had to squeeze in an additional WiFi antenna & BT antenna under the logic board. It works like a charm.

Need to be sure your version of OsxAptioFixDrv is up-to-date (eg. from current Clover).

But if OsxAptioFix2 works for you, that's fine too.

This was with the current Clover release. Older Clovers wouldn't work either.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". May be due to use of OsxAptioFix2...

Also, provide output of 'pmset -g assertions'.

Keep in mind the 15-20 second delay...

Will do. Thanks!

LasVegas

Okay... After acquiring all of the info you needed for this report, I've also determined that I seem to have no video driver now. I am running the beta of 10.11.4, so that might be the reason. The SSDT-IGPU.dsl seems to be okay and I even tried enabling the Graphics settings in config.plist. Still nothing.

I still have the problem with Sleep and it appears to be caused by IODisplayWrangler. Searching the net, I found that reseting the Printer Preferences should fix it. It didn't. The requested files are attached below.

Thanks again,

LasVegas

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IORegisteryExplorer_Output.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 189
  • TextFiles.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 95

Okay... After acquiring all of the info you needed for this report, I've also determined that I seem to have no video driver now. I am running the beta of 10.11.4, so that might be the reason. The SSDT-IGPU.dsl seems to be okay and I even tried enabling the Graphics settings in config.plist. Still nothing.

I still have the problem with Sleep and it appears to be caused by IODisplayWrangler. Searching the net, I found that reseting the Printer Preferences should fix it. It didn't. The requested files are attached below.

Thanks again,

LasVegas

You neglected to provide EFI/Clover as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

But according to your bootlog (extracted from ioreg), you have no AML files in ACPI/patched.

Follow the guide in post #1 carefully.

I had one quick question: are you Guys able to play iTunes videos (with Fairplay DRM) on your BRIXs?

(I can't it solved with a derivative of the patches described on this thread for my Intel NUC D34010WYK. Not intending be off topic, so just a "quick question"... ;) )

You neglected to provide EFI/Clover as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sorry... Missed that line. Attached.

But according to your bootlog (extracted from ioreg), you have no AML files in ACPI/patched.

Thanks! That solved it. The script failed to move the files to EFI/ACPI/patched so I manually move them. Unfortunately, I inadvertently moved the DSL files instead of the AML.

Las Vegas

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:

I had one quick question: are you Guys able to play iTunes videos (with Fairplay DRM) on your BRIXs?

(I can't it solved with a derivative of the patches described on this thread for my Intel NUC D34010WYK. Not intending be off topic, so just a "quick question"... ;) )

DRM content does not work on most hacks.

Thanks! That solved it. The script failed to move the files to EFI/ACPI/patched so I manually move them. Unfortunately, I inadvertently moved the DSL files instead of the AML.

In the future, use 'make' and 'make install' to copy the AML files to ACPI/patched.

Sorry... Missed that line. Attached.

Las Vegas

Note that your driversUEFI64 is not according to the guide...

Clover/kexts is wrong as well.

The CLOVER.ZIP you provide here shows DSL files in ACPI/patched.

In the future, use 'make' and 'make install' to copy the AML files to ACPI/patched.

I did, but 'make install' failed on my Fusion drive reporting:

Code:
cp ./build/SSDT-HACK.aml ./build/SSDT-IGPU.aml ./build/SSDT-USB.aml Error: volume / is not on GPT disk/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

That's why I manually copied them.

LasVegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back