Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX-s using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200)

It's not showing the windows boot in clover and I know there is an option to make it detect that but couldn't find it in config.plist yet. I know this isn't part of this thread, just mentioned it.

Just had to turn on scan legacy.

I would recommend you transition your Windows install to UEFI. You can google for instructions.

Ya I followed a video to find my way around the troubles I was having and they called for MBR. The finished install will be done right I just needed to get it on and running for work. After work tomorrow I get to do what I want to it.

Need some help please...

I've followed this thread all the way to generating config.plist, however, after reboot, clover doesn't show any boot partition. I had to use the install USB to boot back to system.

The installation was done by Unibeast, the system runs ok, but HD4200 has only 7mB memory allocated. My machine is GB-BXi5-4200, and I have installed BCM94352HMB as well.

Attached please find all *.aml, *.ioreg, output of acpiplat (nothing from appleubtekcpu) and EFI folder, in which config.plist.bad is the one generated by the git.

Attachments

• RedabMan.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 332

Need some help please...

I've followed this thread all the way to generating config.plist, however, after reboot, clover doesn't show any boot partition. I had to use the install USB to boot back to system.

The installation was done by Unibeast, the system runs ok, but HD4200 has only 7mB memory allocated. My machine is GB-BXi5-4200, and I have installed BCM94352HMB as well.

Attached please find all *.aml, *.ioreg, output of acpiplat (nothing from appleubtekcpu) and EFI folder, in which config.plist.bad is the one generated by the git.

Your config.plist is wrong.

This guide does not use Unibeast/Multibeast.

It also does not use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. This guide uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. You're also missing HFSPlus.efi.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts is also wrong.

Follow the guide in post #1 exactly as written.

Your config.plist is wrong.

This guide does not use Unibeast/Multibeast.

It also does not use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. This guide uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. You're also missing HFSPlus.efi.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts is also wrong.

Follow the guide in post #1 exactly as written.

Thanks for looking into this... After I put missing/wrong *.efi files back, moved kexts from 10.11 to others, and put the generated config.plist back, everything works as expected!

I understood that some Gigabyte motherboards work best with specific memory sticks. Which memory do people choose for their BRIX?

Awesome, thanks!

Updated to 10.11.3. No issues to note.

Thanks for the great guide RehabMan. It solved all of my problems getting Yosemite and ElCapitan installed on my Brix Pro GB-BXi5-4570R. The only change I made was to remove the patches for WiFi & Bluetooth since I installed an authentic Apple WiFi/BT card in my Brix.

I had a problem with a drive crash and had to install a new drive. I decided to install a clean copy of ElCapitan 10.11.2. The USB Installer refused to boot, reporting a Memory Map issue with OsxAptioFixDrv. It still booted my El Capitan beta without issue. I finally found OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and it solved the problem. It installed and runs beautifully!

Right now, the only issue I'm having with the new install is getting Sleep to work at all. It doesn't even show it tried to sleep in the System.log.

Thanks again,

LasVegas

BTW: I also had to edit the Haswell list to include the i5-4570R to get ssdtPRGen.sh to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back