Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Brix BKi3HA-7100 - Install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Bios settings are in order - i have currently pulled the drive and will install Mojave on it using one of my other machines. My main concern at the moment is that my EFI folder was ok. i.e. no obvious errors in terms of config.plist or in the kexts in the other folder. If you have not spotted any errors I am happy with that. Although I used to be quite active on here some years back I no longer have the time and have not really kept up with development since Z97.

I will post back on progress. Once again I do appreciate your time on this - thank you

@RehabMan I believed BIOS setting are in order but am attaching screenshots to get your opinion. My test of installing Mojave on another Machine and transferring the drive to the BRIX resulted in the exact same failure. The drive on which I installed Mojave will boot on the other machine when attached to an external USB caddy using the UniBeast created install stick and with the EFI folder from the install stick transferred to the SSD. I then transferred the drive to the BRIX and tried to boot using the same it fails in the same way and stops at the Apple Logo. I tried the modified EFI folder modified with your suggestion on @headkaze thread for Whatevergreen with the reversed bytes for my HD620 via ADDProperties and it still fails at the Apple Logo. So either my BIOS settings are indeed wrong or there is an error in my config.plist.

As mentioned before attaching the Screenshots of Bios, also EFI folder minus themes in a zip, and a screenshot of the verbose output when it fails - approx 10 seconds after it fails the BRIX will reboot. if I had hair I would be tearing it out on this one ;-)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Archive.zip
    56.9 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
@RehabMan I believed BIOS setting are in order but am attaching screenshots to get your opinion. My test of installing Mojave on another Machine and transferring the drive to the BRIX resulted in the exact same failure. The drive on which I installed Mojave will boot on the other machine when attached to an external USB caddy using the UniBeast created install stick and with the EFI folder from the install stick transferred to the SSD. I then transferred the drive to the BRIX and tried to boot using the same it fails in the same way and stops at the Apple Logo. I tried the modified EFI folder modified with your suggestion on @headkaze thread for Whatevergreen with the reversed bytes for my HD620 via ADDProperties and it still fails at the Apple Logo. So either my BIOS settings are indeed wrong or there is an error in my config.plist.

As mentioned before attaching the Screenshots of Bios, also EFI folder minus themes in a zip, and a screenshot of the verbose output when it fails - approx 10 seconds after it fails the BRIX will reboot. if I had hair I would be tearing it out on this one ;-)

BIOS settings look ok (nothing stands out as wrong).
Cleanup Clover/kexts/Other:
- remove all ethernet kexts except for the one you actually need
- remove FakePCIID kexts (XHCIMux has no application to your hardware)

Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

Remove or disable all KextsToPatch entries in config.plist.
Remove -uia_exclude_xhc from Boot/Arguments

drivers64UEFI:
- try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
- remove unneeded *.efi (eg. remove those related to FV2 [refer to Clover installer], PartitionDxe-64.efi, VboxHfs-64.efi)
- add HFSPlus.efi

Your Clover revision is quite old. Suggest: Update to latest RehabMan build.

drivers64UEFI:
- remove unneeded *.efi (eg. remove those related to FV2 [refer to Clover installer], PartitionDxe-64.efi, VboxHfs-64.efi)
- add HFSPlus.efi

Thank you, will apply those changes and update to latest Clover.

Watching with interest to see if you can get it running- good luck!

drivers64UEFI:
- add HFSPlus.efi

OK so updated the UniBeast Install stick to Clover_v2.4k_r4722. It is a USB2 stick.
Removed all kexts from Other except FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext
Set all entries in KextsToPatch to Disabled
Removed -uia_exclude_xhc from Arguments in Boot
Added HFSPLus.efi
The other drivers in drivers64UEFI are ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, DataHubDxe-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi and SMCHelper-64.efi - are the last two necessary?

I tried both OsxAptioMemoryFixDrv.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and in both cases the boot process stopped as before and the Brix rebooted after around 10 seconds.
On a whim I booted minus any Aptio Fix and although the process stopped in the same place I did not have a reboot - is that expected behaviour?

I just realised you meant me to update the USB Installer with your version of Clover so have downloaded it (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c) and applied it to the installer - I still had the same outcome with the two Aptio fix drivers but without any Aptio fix the Brix still rebooted after 10 seconds approx.

Just going to re-apply r4772 from Sourceforge and see if the non reboot after the freeze is repeatable. Yes - it is repeatable after 3 boots the system still stops with a row of plus's after End RandomSeed but does not reboot. So I can affect the way the system responds by removing the Aptio fix - is this relevant or am I clutching at straws?

OK so updated the UniBeast Install stick to Clover_v2.4k_r4722. It is a USB2 stick.
Removed all kexts from Other except FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext
Added HFSPLus.efi
The other drivers in drivers64UEFI are ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, DataHubDxe-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi and SMCHelper-64.efi - are the last two necessary?

I tried both OsxAptioMemoryFixDrv.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and in both cases the boot process stopped as before and the Brix rebooted after around 10 seconds.
On a whim I booted minus any Aptio Fix and although the process stopped in the same place I did not have a reboot - is that expected behaviour?

I just realised you meant me to update the USB Installer with your version of Clover so have downloaded it (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c) and applied it to the installer - I still had the same outcome with the two Aptio fix drivers but without any Aptio fix the Brix still rebooted after 10 seconds approx.

Just going to re-apply r4772 from Sourceforge and see if the non reboot after the freeze is repeatable. Yes - it is repeatable after 3 boots the system still stops with a row of plus's after End RandomSeed but does not reboot. So I can affect the way the system responds by removing the Aptio fix - is this relevant or am I clutching at straws?

what do you think @RehabMan ?

Added HFSPLus.efi

what do you think @RehabMan ?

No ideas without problem reporting files as per laptop FAQ.
Photos of all BIOS settings would be useful too.

No ideas without problem reporting files as per laptop FAQ.
Photos of all BIOS settings would be useful too.
I sent the bios settings and you thought they looked fine - I understand you will see many threads . The bios settings have not changed, i just changed exactly what you suggested in your previous reply. i can send the EFI folder again when i get back home tonight with the changes implemented and for that matter the screenshots again as well.

@RehabMan As promised here are current files from my latest attempt. EFI Folder in ZIP (EDITED TO ADD the Aptio Fix drivers were also included in the drivers64UEFI folder - I dumped to ZIP after the final attempt with no AptioFix kext), Bios Screenshots in zip and jpg of final freeze screen.

Here is what I adjusted

updated the UniBeast Install stick to Clover_v2.4k_r4722. It is a USB2 stick.
Added HFSPLus.efi

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    56.9 MB · Views: 131
  • EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back