Graphics
nVidia GTX 680 SLI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
This guide helps you to install OS X 10.8.3 on a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H mobo with an Intel Core i7-3770.
Note: before beginning it's recommended to remove the nVidia Graphic card(s) and use the on-board graphics.

STEP 1:

Create a bootable USB-stick with the apple installation on it. Buy Apple Installation App from the app-store.
Now download UniBeast from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3.
Start Unibeast and follow the instructions.

STEP 2:

Reboot the PC and enter the bios. Now in the bios you need to disable Intel Virtualization Technology and VT-d settings
under BIOS-Features (otherwise installer will only show the cursor). Also disable Internal Graphics Standby Mode and
Internal Graphics Deep Sleep Mode (to prevent HD4000 to go in standby mode because it can't wake-up). Then save these
settings.

STEP 3:

Then press the boot selection key (F12). Select your Apple installation USB from the menu. When loaded type PCIRootUID=0
and then press enter. After a few moments the installer is started. Then follow the instructions on the installer.

STEP 4:

When installation is completed, the computer reboots and press F12 again to boot from the installation USB again.
But this time move the HDD where apple is installed, type PCIRootUID=0 back again and press enter. Now Apple will boot
to complete it's installation. After you logged the network devices are working (same for the HD4000), now you can download
multibeast for Mountain Lion (http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=155). Start MultiBeast
and select the following checkboxes:

STEP 5:

Close Multibeast and open Finder. In Finder go to this folder "/Extra" (without the quotes) there should be a file named
"org.chameleon.Boot.plist", open that file and change the following settings:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>

(in kernel flags there you just add the PCIRootUID=0)
save the file and shutdown the pc, place back your graphic card(s) and start your PC again with your monitor connected to the nVidia card.
And then everything should work fine.

Attachments

• Multibeast.tiff
    294.6 KB · Views: 1,449
I have the same setup, I did your steps, except for the VT-d setting I can't find that, but the install is failing.

Any thoughts?

Just did this and it works... its awesome.

I would strongly recommend people do remove the gfx card and remember to do the PCIRootUID=0 stuff - it all worked without a fault when i actually followed the instructions :headbang:

I have Z77X-UD5H wi-fi and intel core i7 3770 /// but after several times:

1- there is no way after install ML 10.8.3 to reboot on normal mode ( always on -v -x)
2- after apply different Multibeast configs is IMPOSSIBLE to reboot not even with -x
3- I follow the Smalln Guide.. no luck

a- the most time the installer stuck on ethernet problems ( always boot installer with -v)
b- after install stuck on related to bluethooot stuff, so the only way to finish installation is with -x -v ( safe mode no netwaorks etc)
c- after apply multibeast... NO BOOT.. stuck on ethernet, or power management stuff...

is kinda random..... im so tired guys.... HELP!

thnks in advance an sorry for my english!

I have the same setup...but since 10.8.3 updates I can no longer boot off the hd without -x -s.

i did a clean install of 10.8.3 using this guide exactly...still kernel panics on boot.

What can I do to fix this? Attached is my kernel panic message

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 440
that kp is related to changing system defs you need to remove appletymced driver kext if you dont have access to another mac or hack can make friends with transmac for windows.its in s/l/e=system/library/extensions folder.

please fill in profile/signature with all specs it'll be easier to help.boot with -v take another picture upload.

He is where it hangs now....also reinstalled multibeast with only item checked from this guide. (Default def of macpro3,1). Repaired permissions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 419
from what i see its trying to start graphics are you using hd4000 or 680 if using the 680 try boot with pcirootuid=1
did you also disable vt-d ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back