Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Hi again Gordo and friends.

I almost got the build running 100% - however I noticed that the ripple effect in the dashboard is missing. The GFX is identified correctly in "About This Mac", but now I am wondering if there is a problem after all....?

thampusbank said:
Hi again Gordo and friends.

I almost got the build running 100% - however I noticed that the ripple effect in the dashboard is missing. The GFX is identified correctly in "About This Mac", but now I am wondering if there is a problem after all....?

For me I had to install my mouse drivers (rat 5 mouse) and turn the settings on in the dock settings.

My 6870 (same as gordon) is unable to work with a second display :(

Finished a successful build this weekend using the OP as a guide, except I started from a 10.6.8 barebones using iBoot/Multibeast. Created the installer partition with xMove and upgraded to 10.7 then 10.7.2 using this guide. First boot after updating to 10.7.2 and enabling GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F8 DSDT and kexts per guide did fail, however. Running in -v boot mode was failing to find the most basis dependencies in order to load the ATI6000Controller so then I stumbled upon the UseKernelCache = Yes parameter (also enabled in MultiBeast "Migration Extension"). After enabling this parameter, voila, everything booted up just fine with full video acceleration (tested in a variety of games). I'm using roughly the same setup as OP except for the 2600K and a different vendor's 6870 card. Running for 36 hours no with zero kps! :headbang:

Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX 1155 GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
XFX Radeon HD 6870 video

photoguy1978 said:
Running for 36 hours no with zero kps! :headbang:
Please report back when you´re getting the first KP so I can see the stability of this machine due to I´m probably getting this GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MOBO with a 2600K and my already existing Sapphire 6870 (which is actually great).
How long do you think it will take to render 1h of 1080p AVCHD material with iMovie to a DVD?
In 15 minutes it should be done, or not?
Is this machine good for doing serious work?

Thanks.

krass76 said:
photoguy1978 said:
Running for 36 hours no with zero kps! :headbang:
Please report back when you´re getting the first KP so I can see the stability of this machine due to I´m probably getting this GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MOBO with a 2600K and my already existing Sapphire 6870 (which is actually great).
How long do you think it will take to render 1h of 1080p AVCHD material with iMovie to a DVD?
In 15 minutes it should be done, or not?
Is this machine good for doing serious work?

Thanks.

I have not had one KP since I set mine up initially.

hi gordo thanks for the fantastic guide but i have hit a problem, my computer was booting perfectly fine and everything was working great (internet, sound, graphics). then turning it on just before it no longer starts although i did not change a thing.. and the computer won't let me into the bios on start up it just skips straight to loading operating system then that doesn't load, i booted in verbose and i will attach picture of what i got. any help would be fantastic as i have no idea why my perfectly working computer just stopped.
AdKbXXPCIAEHrxK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back