Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

macskrap said:
Thanks so much Gordo!!!
will give it a try.
After looking through the newly posted golden threads (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6616), just realized I forgot to update the MB to the latest revision.
Im sure that has something to do with it.

dumb question, but how do you use the -v and -x at boot?
I keep seeing this, and am not fully understanding.
obviously a total noob, but learning A LOT!!

I have the same system as you, basically, if you update your mobo to the proper BIOS revision, boot should work without any modifier.

The modifiers are simply typed at the boot loader screen - once you see the boot logo, you can simply start typing modifiers like the graphics enabler one above. However, I did not have to do that with basically the same sys. Once you update your BIOS, i think it should work.

~Foxglove

Thanks Foxglove!!!
Will update the bios. Really hope that works since i've never done the modifiers.

For other noobs, here's a link to boot options: http://osxdaily.com/2007/03/06/11-startup-key-combinations-for-intel-macs/

Assuming worst case, I would type graphicsenabler=no when i see the apple logo when booting from rBoot?

I have been trying to clean Lion install since I thought I couldn't do snow leopard with the HD3000 onboard graphics. But Chimera supports HD3000, so i could try starting with my origional SL disc?
saw that here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36258&p=229075&hilit=chimera+hd3000+snow+leopard#p229075

Thanks for guide, :)

macskrap said:
Thanks Foxglove!!!
Will update the bios. Really hope that works since i've never done the modifiers.

For other noobs, here's a link to boot options: http://osxdaily.com/2007/03/06/11-start ... ntel-macs/

Assuming worst case, I would type graphicsenabler=no when i see the apple logo when booting from rBoot?

I have been trying to clean Lion install since I thought I couldn't do snow leopard with the HD3000 onboard graphics. But Chimera supports HD3000, so i could try starting with my origional SL disc?
saw that here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36258&p=229075&hilit=chimera+hd3000+snow+leopard#p229075

Go straight to Lion.

Lion it is, thanks.
Will update BIOS. If that doesn't work will try the -v graphicsenabler=no.

For anyone like me who doesn't know much about the modifiers, found a little info this posting: viewtopic.php?p=217951#p217951

JazJon said:
gothic860 said:
Boot with the arguments: -v "GraphicsEnabler"="No"

select the SL-DVD and enter: "-v "GraphicsEnabler"="No""
after that press enter

I get the error as soon as I hit enter on the SL DVD
(see last part of my video)

There has to be something I'm missing. The one guy got it working on his W520 so mine "should" work. :-/

gothic860 said:
Just select the SL-DVD and DONT hit enter.

Now type: "-v "GraphicsEnabler"="No"" (without "" ofc)

a textbox should open... and after that hit ENTER.

I believe the - (minus sign) actually means command button, correct?

I also have a ga-z68p-ds3 (revision 1.0) but I can't figure out which of the dsdt files to use. How do you locate which one is right for your mobo revision. And when you have it, is it correct that you just place it on the desktop and select userdsdt i MB inside os x?

I have one other question. Does it matter what sata port on the mobo I put my hd in and my dvd? Right now I get a boot error if i try booting without rBoot cd. The error says:

Loading Operating System...

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error_

if i boot with rBoot and GE=No then osx loads all right....

Thank you for your help and thank you Gordo!

thampusbank said:
I also have a ga-z68p-ds3 (revision 1.0) but I can't figure out which of the dsdt files to use. How do you locate which one is right for your mobo revision.
This was my next question. In the DSDT database there are F1, 2, and 4 options. These don't correlate with the revision numbers on the Gygabite website. For our revision 1.0 MB should we use DSDT F1? or is it the latest BIOS number we should match?

thampusbank said:

Is the following quote how you get to GE=NO?

gothic860 said:
Just select the SL-DVD and DONT hit enter.

Now type: "-v "GraphicsEnabler"="No"" (without "" ofc)

a textbox should open... and after that hit ENTER.

and with the command, not minus button?

thampusbank said:
I have one other question. Does it matter what sata port on the mobo I put my hd in and my dvd?

It is my understanding that the HD should be plugged into the 3/gb (blue) sata ports. But then can be moved to the 6/gb (white) sata port after install. I could very easily be wrong FYI.

macskrap said:
thampusbank said:
I also have a ga-z68p-ds3 (revision 1.0) but I can't figure out which of the dsdt files to use. How do you locate which one is right for your mobo revision.
This was my next question. In the DSDT database there are F1, 2, and 4 options. These don't correlate with the revision numbers on the Gygabite website. For our revision 1.0 MB should we use DSDT F1? or is it the latest BIOS number we should match?

Match the BIOS number

thampusbank said:
I also have a ga-z68p-ds3 (revision 1.0) but I can't figure out which of the dsdt files to use. How do you locate which one is right for your mobo revision. And when you have it, is it correct that you just place it on the desktop and select userdsdt i MB inside os x?

I have one other question. Does it matter what sata port on the mobo I put my hd in and my dvd? Right now I get a boot error if i try booting without rBoot cd. The error says:

Loading Operating System...

boot0: error_

Thank you for your help and thank you Gordo!

Boot into OSX with RBoot and reinstall Chimera and System Utilities from multibeast and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back