Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

stoca01 said:
Hi,
I have the same board (with F10 firmware and lion 10.7.3) and things seems to work (sleep and network using RLTK drivers) but I have problem with the USB 3 ports.

Without any USB 3.0 driver, any device plugged in the USB3 ports is not recognized.

If I install the USB 3 drivers with Multibeast then if I plug a device, the system crashes....

Sleep is working but On wake up from either kbd or mouse I get a blank screen, unless I press the on/off button, after which everything works.

Also, I'm looking to buy a SATA 3 disk, will the disk it work at 6 Gb/s speed ?

Thanks,
stoca

I recently built a system with this exact motherboard, having the same problems with usb and usb 2 as well. Any ideas on this one?

USB3 doesn't work reliably with this board. There are third-party options that will give you reliable USB. You shouldn't be experiencing any problems with USB 2 devices though, I don't think anyone has reported that before. If you're having a USB 2 problem I'd suggest confirming that the ports are hooked up to the board correctly.

Ive read sometimes that C-States and EIST should be enable in the BIOS.

When is this relavant and needed and when is this not needed?

Thanks

theacre said:
I recently built a system with this exact motherboard, having the same problems with usb and usb 2 as well. Any ideas on this one?

Since a week we also have problems with USB2 (before we didn't have a problem, they stopped working after an crash in After Effects, working with 10.7.2), the ports on the back are not working anymore. Someone has a solution?

Thanks.

Trying to get hdmi working (everything else works) and can not.

I have a GeForce 9800 GTX + 512mb and it works perfectly fine via my monitor by DVI but I want to hook up my big screen to it via hdmi aswell and use them both. HDMI does not work. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Off and using multibeast again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 F10 with ATI 6850 checking in. thanks for your guide; working good so far.

Used Unibeast, 10.7.2 ESD, 10.7.3 combo update, and multibeast. GraphicsEnabler=No until i got the DSDT and multibeast patched.

Great guide; really got me though the tough part of the build, so thanks a lot!

I've got some basic questions about this mobo (I'm trying to understand all of this)...

I understand that I have four 6Gb/s SATA ports and three 3Gb/s ports. Can I just use any of these for my mechanical HD's or should I use the 3Gb/s ones? I guess with an SDD I'd use the 6Gb/s ones.

How do I connect an older IDE DVD burner to the mobo or is it even possible?

IDE vs AHCI One of the things I did to get my system to to boot was change to IDE in the BIOS. I'm not sure if that helped or not. Does this matter? I know that with AHCI you get hot swappable drives etc.

It's funny how experienced Mac guys are clueless about the basics of computer connections etc. Haha.

Hi Gordo74,

I'm following this thread to install my first hackintosh.
I used the 10.7.3ESD installer and gone through the whole process.
Now I've got the system up and running with some issues:

• The main one is that it has to run through the rBoot CD inserted.
I tried without it but the system crashes.

• Audio IN and OUT are not recognised. I tried as you wrote, to relaunch Multibeast and reinstall the drivers, without success.

• USBs are behaving weird. If I'm launching the system with a USB key inserted, it will be recognised and working. Unplugging it for a while and then plug it back it will cause the system to crash.
Same is when I'm starting the system without USB key inserted.

The difference with your setup is that I've got a different processor, I haven't a graphic card, my SSD is an OCZ agility3.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Ema

lamacchiacosta said:
Hi Gordo74,

I'm following this thread to install my first hackintosh.
I used the 10.7.3ESD installer and gone through the whole process.
Now I've got the system up and running with some issues:

• The main one is that it has to run through the rBoot CD inserted.
I tried without it but the system crashes.

• Audio IN and OUT are not recognised. I tried as you wrote, to relaunch Multibeast and reinstall the drivers, without success.

• USBs are behaving weird. If I'm launching the system with a USB key inserted, it will be recognised and working. Unplugging it for a while and then plug it back it will cause the system to crash.
Same is when I'm starting the system without USB key inserted.

The difference with your setup is that I've got a different processor, I haven't a graphic card, my SSD is an OCZ agility3.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Ema

It sounds like you arent booting from the hard drive. Make sure your boot loader is installed and boot from the hard drive (not from the disc)

Thanks Gordo74,

I finally managed to have it working after several frustrating attempts (9 times at list) mixing a bit yours system and Colonel Panic System:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=52572

I installed Lion through a Unibeast USB key and then I had to insert rBoot CD in order to get on otherwise it would get stuck in the "Loading Operative System" black screen.
I then followed Colonel Panic settings keeping your Network one. I also checked bootloaders, just to be sure to have it installed.
At the moment everything seem to work but the Firewire.

Do you managed to have the onboard firewire working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back