Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

bothan said:
Can anyone confirm that lion 10.7.3 will work with unibeast as a clean install for this board? I thought I saw someone say that it does but did not want to drop the money for it in the app store if I need to get an older version of lion. Thanks for the help

It will.

inc said:
Why didn't you get the big cooler ;)

It was on sale, didn't realize its heft until I unpacked it. It does a great job though, I'm running at 4.5 GHz with no problems at all.

inc said:
Also, FWIW, my Sapphire 6870 can't use dual displays and GraphicsEnabler=Yes when I have one display on DVI and the other on HDMI.

From the looks of it, the only way to get that configuration working is to use an active Display Port adapter.

I did have two monitors running no problem - one was DVI the other was HDMI. Two DVI didn't work though. Now I'm using an Apple Cinema Display on the miniDP and it works great.

I have the same mobo and processor and graphics card, i built my pc to your guide, but I cant even get unibeast to be recognized when I select boot from usb-hdd, it takes me to my chimera screen but doesnt list the unibeast drive

wcg66 said:
I did have two monitors running no problem - one was DVI the other was HDMI. Two DVI didn't work though. Now I'm using an Apple Cinema Display on the miniDP and it works great.

FWIW I did get my 6870 4-port figured out, it wasn't easy but I followed that guide on InsanelyMac and built my own Duckweed personality. It's pretty sweet and I imagine would be able to drive 3+ if I wanted to, but I only needed HDMI + DVI-D.

I followed this guide, trying to install Lion 10.7.3 on my existing 10.6.8 build, and it worked up until I did the MultiBeast post-install, after which I cannot boot into my system directly, through iBoot or rBoot, or through Unibeast USB without a kernel panic or permanent white screen hang. The only change to the MB checklist I made was a 3rd party SATA instead of eSATA. I am using a Z68x-UD3H-B3 mobo with an ATI Radeon 6850 graphics card. My HDD is the 1TB Seagate Barracuda that is listed on the CustoMac build page.

After investigating in single-user mode, the problem seems to be the kext "AudioAUUCDriver", which apparently has library dependencies. It seems to be directly related to the "AppleUSBCDC: start - init device failed" that follows. I have attached a screenshot of what my machine is telling me.

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this issue, I will be very thankful to hear it. At present, I am considering reverting to a Time Machine backup after two nights of trying to solve my problem.

Attachments

• lionkernelpanic.JPG
    lionkernelpanic.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 364

BlueDoc87 said:
I followed this guide, trying to install Lion 10.7.3 on my existing 10.6.8 build, and it worked up until I did the MultiBeast post-install, after which I cannot boot into my system directly, through iBoot or rBoot, or through Unibeast USB without a kernel panic or permanent white screen hang. The only change to the MB checklist I made was a 3rd party SATA instead of eSATA. I am using a Z68x-UD3H-B3 mobo with an ATI Radeon 6850 graphics card. My HDD is the 1TB Seagate Barracuda that is listed on the CustoMac build page.

After investigating in single-user mode, the problem seems to be the kext "AudioAUUCDriver", which apparently has library dependencies. It seems to be directly related to the "AppleUSBCDC: start - init device failed" that follows. I have attached a screenshot of what my machine is telling me.

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this issue, I will be very thankful to hear it. At present, I am considering reverting to a Time Machine backup after two nights of trying to solve my problem.

I did a Time Machine restore and retried installing Lion. Now my system will not even boot after installing Lion from Unibeast. I am reading the exact same error in single-user mode. I really cannot figure this out.

Hi Gordo74,

Thanks so much for your post. I believe I have your similar motherboard Z68x-UD3H F10 and i5 2500k processor.

I was able to successfully install lion 10.7.3 and I began following the guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

but once i reached the point where i needed to
" 6. Open Downloads folder and move the .aml file to the Desktop
7. Open and run Multibeast's UserDSDT
8. Restart system"

I did so and then my next step saw your attached screen shot so I reran Multibeast and tried to follow your configured settings.

Multibeast then said that installation failed. My screen slowly came down to a greyed out screen and text showed that I need to hold the power button to turn off the computer.

I am now stuck in this loop.

Can anyone give some advice to what I should do?

Please let me know if i need to provide additional information.

Almost there!

Thanks!

About the sleep issue...

configuration: ga-z68x-ud3h i5-2500k 16gb veganance onboard grafic vertex3 120gb
install method: unibeast as explained with 10.7.3
multibeast: userdsdt AppleRCT, Trim, 3rd party hdd, usb3, audio(the usual for this board),
keyboard: apple wired (http://store.apple.com/de/product/MB110 ... MTY1NDA1Mg), wired usb mouse, apple trackpad bluetooth
bios: F12 with suited dsdt

1. Attempt with above configuration (without network) -> everything works, sleep works, only network doesn't, notification that usb devices were put out improperly
2. Attempt with LNX2Mac -> display responds slower on wakeup as in 1, network works on wakeup, but keyboard does not, ..., when reconnection keyboard -> CP
3. Attempt with native realtek driver -> network response is slower then with lnx, display response as in 1, wake up fast and keyboard and mouse are working properly

-> since I only changed network settings in the 3 attempts LNX2mac driver might be the reason for keyboard/mouse/sleep issues in this particular setting (the board itself has usb issues too)

by the way I always use "alt+cmd+eject" as sleep initiation and a mouse click to wake up.

greetz
m

Hi,
I have the same board (with F10 firmware and lion 10.7.3) and things seems to work (sleep and network using RLTK drivers) but I have problem with the USB 3 ports.

Without any USB 3.0 driver, any device plugged in the USB3 ports is not recognized.

If I install the USB 3 drivers with Multibeast then if I plug a device, the system crashes....

Sleep is working but On wake up from either kbd or mouse I get a blank screen, unless I press the on/off button, after which everything works.

Also, I'm looking to buy a SATA 3 disk, will the disk it work at 6 Gb/s speed ?

Thanks,
stoca

moleskine.st said:
-> since I only changed network settings in the 3 attempts LNX2mac driver might be the reason for keyboard/mouse/sleep issues in this particular setting (the board itself has usb issues too)

L2M is NOT the issue. It is within the DSDT the issue is. There are new DSDT's coming that will fix it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back