Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

This guide is fantastic! I am having a few issues though. I have the correct (f9) DSDT and followed the guide properly, but I can't get lion to see drives connected to the GSATA 6gb ports, and sleep works but upon wake it tries to eject all the disks and i have to unplug, replug all usb stuff. I have tried the disk options in multibeast with no luck.

Any ideas?

gigabyte 6870
GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3

Has anyone been able to get the USB 3.0 header to work? I purchased a 20 pin to USB converter, plugged in a USB 3.0 cable, and nothing happened. Thanks for any advice on this.

Works great !
THX ;o)

Hey Gordo,

Would you be able to help me out. When I run unibeast, I get an "Unable to open var/db/bootcache.playlist".

Any idea why this would be happening? I have dont both the unibeast and the rboot+xmove methods and this keeps popping up. As I stated in the below thread, I am able to start up everything if, when booting, I click on ignore cache.

Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=40994&p=258359#p258359

Just to let everyone know, I installed while ignoring the cache. Then I went back in, enabled SMART in the bios, typed in GraphicsEnabler=No and voila!

Can't seem to find anything on a peculiar problem, has anyone else ever encountered this?

My system runs perfectly, no issues at all. Even bluetooth, trackpad, sleep, speedsteping, etc. (granted it's a 16000~! Geekbench...).

BUT

I can't log out. If I do it the mouse works but is unresponsive to anything on the screen. Power button puts it to sleep again, but upon wake same issue. Have to cycle the power to get back. I do have it auto log me in (scared to try otherwise now).

Thoughts?

Can I use i3-2100 with this board and to install the Lion

Hello,

I recently acquiredthe Z68X-UD3H-B3 and I already have a i3-2100 CPU. Can I use it to install Lion.

Also, the Bios version of the board is V10, do I need to downgrade to V9?

Thanks,

Re: Can I use i3-2100 with this board and to install the Lion

ro_ag said:
Hello,

I recently acquiredthe Z68X-UD3H-B3 and I already have a i3-2100 CPU. Can I use it to install Lion.

Also, the Bios version of the board is V10, do I need to downgrade to V9?

Thanks,

Lion doesn't support Intel HD Graphics 2000, you need a gfx card or a new CPU such as the following i3-2105, i3-2125, i5-2405S, i5-2500K, i7-2600K or i7-2700K.

Great guide! Thanx Gordo. :D Everything is working including audio, sleep, and wifi.

specs:
i5-2500k
GA z68x-ud3h-b3 rev 1.3 with F9 bios
XFX 6870
intel 320 ssd 80Gb boot drive

JB

i'm not able to go into sleep.
it wakes up directly after trying to go into sleep mode.
wake up reason is HDEF EHC1

in the beginning there was a cmos reset too, but i patch the AppleRTC kext and no more cmos reset, but sleep doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back