Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

inc said:
cmjones70 said:
If I use MultiBeast to change a setting, do I have to manually delete or reset anything it previously configured (such as the real, Realtek driver?) Or, does it remove it when I go back to Lnx2Mac's v0.0.90?

Thanks again!!!

Happy to help.

In the case of the Lnx2Mac 0.0.90 driver the intent is that it is supposed to remove the vendor's driver, but that part of the post installation has never worked for me. And, FWIW, my Z68X-UD3H-B3 system doesn't work with the Lnx2Mac driver at all.

My on-board ethernet is device ID 0x8168 and my PCI card that works with the Lnx2Mac driver is 0x8169.

My system works with the driver wonderfully. I don't have any issues with network (for that matter it works in lion without Lnx2Mac also). What rev motherboard do you have?

inc said:
Anyone using this board have confirmation of the Lnx2Mac driver being used on the ethernet interface on the motherboard?

I'm seeing the following for on-board (en0):

Screen%20Shot%202011-11-08%20at%206.56.36%20PM.png

and this for my card:

Screen%20Shot%202011-11-08%20at%206.56.33%20PM.png

I actually even tried moving that Plug-In out of the IONetworking bundle, rebuilt cache and rebooted and the interface didn't show up at all, even after another reboot after installing the 0.90 lnx2mac driver.

Your card is actually your internal onboard ethernet. I only have the onboard and it shows as yours does in the "card" picture (which it's not)

Not a newbie, but really appreciated this guide, made my new build extremely easy. I followed the instructions to a tee except I used MultiBeast 4.1.0 with the recommended settings.

This is what I used hardware wise:

G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (X2)
Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 Windforce 915MHZ 1GB 4.2GHZ GDDR5
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 ATX LGA1155 Z68 DDR3
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink
Powercolor Gaming 500W Powersupply ATX 12V 80PLUS CrossFire SLI 120MM Fan Powersupply (Part#: PG-500AS-80+/12F2)
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB 2.5IN SATA3 6Gbps Sandforce SF-2281
Sony Optiarc AD7280S-OB 24x DVDRW Drive
Antec Case - I had in the scrap pile (A really nice box that I had an unused HTPC)
1.5TB HDD salvaged from an unused desktop WD USB drive

All worked well, sound, network, etc. Looks like even sleep works (but my previous OSX86 was capable of short sleeps, but extended sleeps required a forced reboot). The SSD really speeds things up - not as fast as my Macbook Air, but pretty damn fast.

The only thing that didn't work was support for a dual monitors, but I'll look into it at a later date.

Next task is setting up a HDD for Windows 7 (bual boot) - Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is out on Friday. My only gaming indulgence :)

Once again thanks for this great guide, you saved me hours (maybe days) of research and general farting around.

Dave

I'll disable my on-board and see what happens, but before I added the card, the Lnx2Mac driver would never load, and if I removed the RealTek driver from the IONetworking bundle the interface wouldn't initialize at all.

photoguy1978 said:
Finished a successful build this weekend using the OP as a guide, except I started from a 10.6.8 barebones using iBoot/Multibeast. Created the installer partition with xMove and upgraded to 10.7 then 10.7.2 using this guide. First boot after updating to 10.7.2 and enabling GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F8 DSDT and kexts per guide did fail, however. Running in -v boot mode was failing to find the most basis dependencies in order to load the ATI6000Controller so then I stumbled upon the UseKernelCache = Yes parameter (also enabled in MultiBeast "Migration Extension"). After enabling this parameter, voila, everything booted up just fine with full video acceleration (tested in a variety of games). I'm using roughly the same setup as OP except for the 2600K and a different vendor's 6870 card. Running for 36 hours no with zero kps! :headbang:

Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX 1155 GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
XFX Radeon HD 6870 video

Thx worked for me ;)
boot ups without KP nice

Hi Gordo,

I got a problem here. I followed your instructions, but i got stuck at step 7. I tried to boot xmove'd lion through rboot.. but i can't get into the installer window, got stuck at the apple logo. Tried to boot with -v and i can see that i got stuck here...

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickTime Value: 500000000
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickSpace Value: ??
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDKeyRepeat Value: 83333333
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDInitialKeyRepeat Value: 500000000
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDPointerAcceleration Value: 45056
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDScrollAcceleration Value: 20480
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDPointerButtonMode Value: 2
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDF12EjectDelay Value: 250
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDSlowKeysDelay Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysDisabled Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysOn Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysShiftToggles Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDMouseKeysOptionToggles Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDFKeyMode Value: 0
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickSpace Value: ??
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickTime Value: 500000000
ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??

the boot stop there..tried to boot with -x -v but no luck. :banghead:

the weird thing is.. i tried to boot this xmove'd lion usb on my friend's MAC, it can get into the installer window...

Please help me..i'll appreciate it. ;)

My board is rev 1.3!

Still having a problem with the lnx2mac driver, but the vendor driver seems to work OK. I haven't had any kernel panics as a result of the network driver, but I have had some weird behavior related to USB devices.

e.g. If I have an iPhone 4 plugged in via the USB port on the front of the computer, it doesn't like to boot. I still have my computer falling off the network sometimes but I don't know if that's because of VMware or the Ethernet or the driver.

Gordo74 said:
It's not because of any of that, it is because an external hard drive will cause it to hang while initializing the USB, it is not a OSX issue, it's just how BIOS systems work.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I always have several USB and often a firewire device attached and it only hangs like that when it's an iPhone.

Also, re: RealTek oddities, if I leave the interface open in promiscuous mode it stays connected. If I kill my tcpdump it drops off the network again.

inc said:
Gordo74 said:
It's not because of any of that, it is because an external hard drive will cause it to hang while initializing the USB, it is not a OSX issue, it's just how BIOS systems work.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I always have several USB and often a firewire device attached and it only hangs like that when it's an iPhone.

Also, re: RealTek oddities, if I leave the interface open in promiscuous mode it stays connected. If I kill my tcpdump it drops off the network again.

I've had the problem with it hanging on the POST screen if I have a USB hard drive (What an iPhone would show) plugged in. Unplug it and it is fine. That is before OSX even loads. It is not an OSX issue.

Realtek oddities I have not had. Since L2M's new driver, everything works perfect.

Has anyone actually managed to get an EXTERNAL ESATA drive working with the GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 motherboard?

For the life of me I can't get an EXTERNAL ESATA drive working? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back