Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Same here with a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 but one boot crash every fifteen boots..

thampusbank said:
Philz: Quoted u because you have the same Gfx times 2, so I thought maybe you had any experience on the subject.

Anyone who had problems with connecting a second display to this Gfx using VGA(dvi or mdp adapter)?

Find your own thread, this is about users of the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. There is a separate forum for working on video card issues.

Ok, sorry... thought the thread was regarding the whole built and therefore also the Gfx.

Anyone using this board have confirmation of the Lnx2Mac driver being used on the ethernet interface on the motherboard?

I'm seeing the following for on-board (en0):

Screen%20Shot%202011-11-08%20at%206.56.36%20PM.png

and this for my card:

Screen%20Shot%202011-11-08%20at%206.56.33%20PM.png

I actually even tried moving that Plug-In out of the IONetworking bundle, rebuilt cache and rebooted and the interface didn't show up at all, even after another reboot after installing the 0.90 lnx2mac driver.

I just re-ran MultiBeast, using the 4.1 release. Same story, I've pulled the old RealTek next from the bundle and rebooted a few times after installing the 0.90 driver again.

Still doesn't show my onboard ethernet interface via lnx2mac, but does recognize my 8169C PCI card.

I also went ahead and told it to Sleep to see if that worked, and it reset my CMOS. Is there a possible issue with the F9 DSDT from the TonyMac database? Has any other users of this board made their own?

inc said:
I just re-ran MultiBeast, using the 4.1 release. Same story, I've pulled the old RealTek next from the bundle and rebooted a few times after installing the 0.90 driver again.

Still doesn't show my onboard ethernet interface via lnx2mac, but does recognize my 8169C PCI card.

I also went ahead and told it to Sleep to see if that worked, and it reset my CMOS. Is there a possible issue with the F9 DSDT from the TonyMac database? Has any other users of this board made their own?

Research around the forum. This is a known issue with all Sandy Bridge machines. There is many posts detailing how to fix this. I do not use sleep, so it is not in my guide and it would over complicate things.

Hello everyone... I'm a noob... I've previously played with a Hack that was never stable using an EVGAX58 board - this time, i decided to do it right and use Tonymac supported components and all of you. Thanks!

Thanks also to Gordo for this guide and everyone who has contributed. I've had success following this guide, with the UniBeast + MultiBeast method. (App Store download ver 10.7.2)

My only known issue so far is the on-board network not showing up in Lion. I realize that this seems common but it also seems that others are posting w/ success. How?

My question is, is there any way to get the Realtek RTL8111E working? I've tried the MB 4.1 -- with Lnx2Mac's v0.0.90, I've gone through his threads as well. I re-ran MB 4.1 and selected the actual Realtek drivers with no luck. I saw that some have just gotten a PCI Ethernet card.

Second question, if I want to make changes in MultiBeast, Do I need to delete previous kexts or alterations that may remain - or does the MultiBeast do that for me?

The system:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 hardware ver1.3 BIOS v9
i5 2500k - using the on-board HD3000 via DVI
8GB RAM, 250GB SATA HDD

inc said:
Does the interface show up in ifconfig?

Well, there should be a smilie that is hitting myself in the head.

Per your question, I looked for it, saw that it was there. I just had to "+" and add it into the list of interfaces in the networking portion of System Preferences. It must have been there all along - I just didn't realize I had to add it.

Wow, I feel like an idiot.

That takes me back to my second question: If I use MultiBeast to change a setting, do I have to manually delete or reset anything it previously configured (such as the real, Realtek driver?) Or, does it remove it when I go back to Lnx2Mac's v0.0.90?

Thanks again!!!

cmjones70 said:
If I use MultiBeast to change a setting, do I have to manually delete or reset anything it previously configured (such as the real, Realtek driver?) Or, does it remove it when I go back to Lnx2Mac's v0.0.90?

Thanks again!!!

Happy to help.

In the case of the Lnx2Mac 0.0.90 driver the intent is that it is supposed to remove the vendor's driver, but that part of the post installation has never worked for me. And, FWIW, my Z68X-UD3H-B3 system doesn't work with the Lnx2Mac driver at all.

My on-board ethernet is device ID 0x8168 and my PCI card that works with the Lnx2Mac driver is 0x8169.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back